Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
x3obscene

So my computer..is pretty messed up.

okay so im not sure what is wrong with my computer yesterday i accidently deleted my computers volume control (Nforce.something like that) and so now,my sound doesnt work anybody know how to fix this?

o,and it seems that i have a viris. my computer is very slow and everything is bigger than it is suppose to be.I have AVG and Nortan and Adaware and ive run them many times,but it says nothing is wrong.is there a progran to speed up my computer?

It is hard to tell you what to do from the information given. You may have deleted a group of drivers and not simply the volume control since you say that "everything is bigger" meaning that you inadvertantly changed the resolution of your video card or because the drivers for your specific video card are not present, it has reverted to Standard VGA.

Just because a computer is running slower does not necessarily mean you have a virus or spyware. It is the case that when you have active anti-virus and anti-spyware running in the background, the machine will always run a tad slower.

I am only guessing, but it looks like you have deleted a set of drivers like the sound and video drivers along with others and your system is running on standard drivers.

At this juncture, if I were you, I would save my data, get out the disks that came with the computer and clean install Windows.

Try up[censored] your antivirus/adware definitions and then scan your PC and about the sound try reinstalling your system!!!!!!

Volume Problem: To see if you lost any drivers, just go to "Windows Update" and try to see if you can get it there. If that doesn't work, try finding new hardware and search for your sound drivers online

Slow Computer: It could be a virus, but it's probably just spyware... download "Spybot: Search & Destroy" to get rid of most of it...if it's still slow, maybe you need to get a new virus scanner

Everything in Enlarged: Try changing the resolution, but since it happened hte same time you lost your sound, i'm gussing you accidently deleted your video drivers as well. You should reinstall your video drivers and change your resolution

Good Luck