Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gothicfreq666

MAKE OLD GAMES WORK ON XP!!

I have been searching for weeks trying to find a way to make my old games work after I upgraded to XP. Here's the solution!

Most people have never realized that there is a program compatibility wizard in windows xp. go to start>all programs>accessories> Program Compatibility Wizard

This allows you to temporarily change the settings of windows xp to be compatible with windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000 Games!!

I hope this solves everyone's problems. laugh

Depending on some games too, you might be able to make a DOS boot disk. If anyone remembers an ancient game called Carrier Command, I got it to work. Of course, its sooooo old, the whole game fits on a floppy disk, even with the DOS boot files. So with that in mind, it might just work to have at least 1 drive or partition formatted in FAT, and a DOS boot disk with drivers (SB, mouse, etc).

Originally posted by gothicfreq666:

Quote:
I have been searching for weeks trying to find a way to make my old games work after I upgraded to XP. Here's the solution!

Most people have never realized that there is a program compatibility wizard in windows xp. go to start>all programs>accessories> Program Compatibility Wizard

This allows you to temporarily change the settings of windows xp to be compatible with windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000 Games!!

I hope this solves everyone's problems. laugh

Actually, most people have been using XP for years, and have known about the compatibility wizard for years, I've been using it since 2001. If you would have asked in here a few weeks ago, your search would have been over. wink

If you right click the shortcut to your game, then choose Properties/Compatibilty, then set it to whatever version of Windoze you need, it stays that way, until you change it, it is NOT temporary. smile

Originally posted by kingston_lover88:

Quote:
i can't get this to work!! where does it allow you to do this??

Follow my instructions in the above post. smile

Originally posted by kingston_lover88:

Quote:
ok thanks

You're welcome, and don't forget to click "Apply" before exiting. smile