Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cobrasniper555

Help with .msi

Hello, I am new here. I am only 14 years old, so please be easy to understand, but don't think I am dumb, cuz I know: MySQL/SQL, PHP, HTML, ASP, Javascript, XML, A/S1.0/2.0. Anyway, what I want to know is, how can I create a Windows Installer Package? I heard that you create a file and give it an extension of .msi or something like that. The reason is that I have a game that I'm building with Flash MX 2004 Pro, and I need it to be in a package like htat because I have a lot external files that will be relative to the game. And I'm including Flash Player 7. I use Windows XP for your information. Could anyone help me? Please?!??!!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH AMERICAN ZOMBIE...THANKS A LOT!!! I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS...THANKS AGAIN!!!P.S. I am having some trouble with it, its the right thing that I want it's just that I can't get a sample file to work...Could you put me through steps?

Do you need to install the files or just extract them to a folder?

What you could do is have a user prompt that tells where to extract the files if that is all you need done. If you need to tell them more more then have another message after extraction that tells them what to click on in the extracted files.

Ok, this is the whole thing. I want to have someone download something from my site. Then I want them to install it, just like anything else you install. That's what I want. The icon that I see for this kind of stuff is a computer and a CDROM box with a CD laying down. The extension for those kind of files is .msi. That's about all I can say...