Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
magikalfly

Final Fantasy VII Won't install in XP SP2

I tried every compatibility mode but it won't even run. I check task manager and I know it's running. It's under wowexec.exe which is the 16 bit something something in XP and I see ff7inst.exe under that. Installshield won't even initiate. Anyone have any ideas to help me get this game installed? I got a hankerin to play. Thanks.

hello, iam having the exact same problem with VIII hopefully someone can help....

i have the exact same problem as well..... ive downloaded ff VII of torrent, i have extracted all of the installation nd cd 1,2,3 and i go to instal and and the first instalation bar comes up for about a milli second and disapears, i have xp abd i really want to bring back thee old memories of breeding chocobos to race and to get the golden chocobo, and to meed of the fantastic characters in the game, but it wont work i hope some one can actually help us... dane x

i finally got ff7 installed.. When i'm about to start the program this error comes out. DINPUT.dll is not found... I believe its something to do with directX 5. how do i get dinput?

Sorry man, I have no idea why it is doing that. I don't know anything about that game.

Does your computer resources match the games requirements to run properly?

As far as I know XP will not install a 16-bit program. I am not sure of any work-around, but one thing I am sure of is that you cannot install a 16-bit program on win xp.

DAC