Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkWolf

SBLive Initialazation and W2K Very Loud when starting up

Hello all,

It was great of you guy's to Up The SBLive drivers for W2K, and I as most everyone else installed them fine. But I noticed 2 thing's that it is doing and was wondering if anyone else has had the same prob as I am.

Fresh install of W2k Pro and SBLive! (70MB. After the install I noticed 2 thing's that the SBLive! was doing. I have the Live! Value.

1. When booting W2K I noticed that windows startup sound was extremly LOUD and after it was done it would then Initialize the actuall SBLive! Drivers that I installed and the sound would be normal again. Any ideas of what might be doing this?

2. I noticed that when I click on the Diagnostic's of the Launcher Bar and then click on each of the tab's it say's that my drivers aren't installed correctly and that i should Re-install.

Any help on either of those 2 prob's and I would be great. Also I do know that they are Beta since I didn't get from from Creative's Web site.

Here is my System Spec's:

Intel Dakota 440LX MB(Dual CPU support) Only one CPU right now, 128MB, 2.1UW2 IBM HD, 6.4 and 5.1 WD UDMA HD, Kenwood 42x CD-ROM, ZIP 100, and 4x SCSI CD-ROM. V3 2000 AGP. Latest Bios Version installed. Latest Video Drivers installed.

Again any help would be nice. smile

------------------

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

i cant help you but i also noticed if your using direct sound in winamp and another sound event happens eg the ie5 click then the mp3 gets garbled please some one help

I also noticed that the startup and shutdown sounds are very loud in addition to only coming from the front speakers! After the startup, it seems to work fine until shutdown. Does this happen to everybody?

------------------

C366@577, Abit BE6, 192mb PC100

Voodoo3 3000, SBLive Value, Hollywood+, AverTV/Phone

3Com 3C509 (Cable), Linksys 10/100 (LAN), Generic 56k modem

IBM 20.5gb 7200, WD 18gb 7200 on HPT366

Pioneer 104s, HP7200i

Well I would like to say thanks to Acid and Mark W for their posts even though it didn't help my problem, but just glad to know that someone read my post. Also glad to know that Mark W is not the only one experiencing the same thing I am about it being very loud at Startup.

Mark W: I myself haven't experienced it coming from only 2 speaker's like you. I can here it from all four.

Please if anyone else has some insight to this problem or know's what can be done to fix it please let us know. smile

Thanks

P.S. Mark W My bad i just restarted W2K and I did notice it only comes from 2 speakers when it starts. Looking into the problem some more.

DarkWolf

------------------

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

[This message has been edited by DarkWolf (edited 06 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DarkWolf (edited 06 March 2000).]

DarkWolf, I have the same problem as you. I have notice that the default plain drivers don't do that. I hope that Creative will fix that in the official release of their drivers. I have found some other user that "suffer" of this at the Creatives new group.

Mush

Do you here that small *pop* immediately after the startup sound? That's the sound of the LiveWare 'manager' loading. You know... the utility in your sys tray that initializes all of your voume/speaker/environment settings?

Windows plays the startup and shutdown noises... raw if you will, everything else is funneled through the creative utility..

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

Well PreatorJudis,I don't mean to sound rude or anything else like that, But I know windows does that. But I also know that NT4 and Win98 do that as well, but on both of them after installing LiveWare it would Initilaize the card or software then play the startup wav. So it is either W2K or Liveware that is at fault. and I would think that it is LiveWare since it doesn't do that in 98 or NT4. Not to metion that "pop" noise is very annoying and it never use to do that on the first Liverware software that they had.

Again if I sound rude or anything I'm sorry i don't mean to be.

DarkWolf

------------------

Rude? Hardly. I don't mean to sound like a know it all, either. I just noticed the fact that the startup noise fires off before the LiveWare utility initialized.

It's probably a LiveWare issue.

Your counter point doesn't refute my statements at all... does it?

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

No it doesn't, and you and myself are probably right, it is probably just a Liveware thing. Hope they get that fixed and a few other prob's I have noticed.

DarkWolf

------------------