Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dadoane

11th hour: The sequel to the 7th guest

Hello I am new here and I would like to run the 11th hour on my computer. I am running Windows Vista, I just upgraded to it so I am just learning the ropes. Can someone help?

What exactly are you having a problem with? Try to be as specific as possible. The more helpful you are in providing us with information, the more helpful we can be.

As cliche as it is, a rule of thumb here is "Help me help you."

I am sorry, The copy of 11th hour I have is meant to be played in 95/98/NT operating system. I am hoping to play this game in my current Vista operating system.

I was able to put the files on my computer, but I still can't play the game. Is there a patch for 11th hour so it can be played in Vista?

I have tried to specfic, if it isn't enough please ask again.

No reason to be sorry, man.

Vista has some issues with using applications that were not meant for it. Fortunately, Vista allows users to create virtual machines (VMs) for specific operating systems; this was done so that if a particular program had to run on a previous OS, the VM would allow the user to smoothly transition from the Vista OS to the VM OS.

The VM can be downloaded for free here: Windows Virtual PC 2007

Cool. Let us know how that works out for you.

Well it didn't work with 11th hour. For some reason I can't install 11hour at all, BUT it did help with many of the other programs I have been trying to run. Any thoughts? The game doesn't Auto Play when I put the disk in, but I can copy all the files onto my computer? Is there a way around that? What should I look for?

Do you know if the disk still works? You may just have a corrupt disk.

Glad to hear that the VM worked out for you, though, despite that 11th Hour hasn't yet worked for you.

Well! I FINALLY GOT it to work. The game was REALLY OLD and used MS DOS 5.0 and said that maybe Windows 95 might detect it. I bought it from Amazon.com .

This is how I finally did it. I found a patch to was designed to run 11th hour at: http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=11hwin.zip&ref=ps.

With the patch I ran the compatibly from Windows Vista and it worked. I am not sure I would have had to use the compatibly program , but I wasn't taking any chances.