Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malignis

Dungeon Keeper Gold - Crash

Hey, I have dungeon Keeper Gold installed on my computer using windows XP SP2, and have it set to run in compatibility mode with windows 95. The game seems to run fine until I click on any level (one of the two flags after choosing the new game in the menu) At which point the game crashes. I have a Radeon X600 series video card if that helps, and I have turned off hardware acceleration AND Write Combining just to get the game to work. Any help or ideas on what could be wrong?

Also, I have tried using the DOS install then running it with dosbox, But it just stops at this screen:

newbitmapimagexd3.png

Which I assume means it could not Find the CD, even though the CD has been inserted. Help with either (or both) of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Here what I had to do to get the game to work in XP (the OLD info was required when XP first came out).

Quote:
Run game in Windows 95 compatibility mode otherwise D3D will drop back to desktop.

OLD INFO

Dungeon Keeper Gold Edition

To get D3D to work:

Upon running the game in D3D you will be dumped back to the desktop. Read the following to fix it.

Install the Application Compatibility Toolkit on the XP CD under the Support Tools directory. ACT20.EXE

Use QfixApp on the game and click the "EmulateHeap" box.

Click the "Advanced" tab. Then click "Create fix support".

Then go to the AppPatch folder in the Windows folder and click on the .reg

Now all you have to do is run the game and it will always run without having to do the above every time!

Reinstall this .sdb if you reinstall windows!

As for Dosbox you probably did not mount the cdrom correctly. I always find it easier to create an image of the CD and then mount the image in DosBox using imgmount.