Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tomhughes

need help me idiot

trying to resize the partitions on my hard drive so i can dual boot ubuntu and xp but still leave room on xp partition for more music etc... so i downloaded partition logic 0.69 as an iso file and put it on an image cd. problem is when i boot all i get is a blank blue screen!!!! can anybody help me?

OK, so you downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and burned the iso image to a cd, as per the instructions on the Partition Logic page?

What cd burning software did you use and what speed did you burn the image at? It should be burned at 2X or 4X speed, not the full capacity of the drives ability.

I thought Ubuntu could resize partitions during the install?

I could be wrong though. Also make sure you have a backup before messing around with your partitions.

Also, did you make sure that you burned the CD properly? To my recolection, you can't burn an ISO simply as a data CD. I could be wrong, but I remember having this problem when trying to install Xandros.

yep thats done the trick burning it at a slower rate! thanks guys! as for ubuntu resizing the partitions a mate of mine had told me not to trust it, anyway this partition logic works pretty easily. again cheers