Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hitman1

Trouble finding modem drivers

i have a modem that i cant find drivers for it. if you can find the divers or could tell me a place to find them reply to this

the modem model is :

Atech ATS - 255

thanx

sean

no it Definitely an A-tech modem it says on the modem on a little white sticker

According to a message board I checked, your modem is actually made by Wellmodem. Their site is here: http://www.wellmodem.com.tw/en/

They state on their site that they are in progress of making win2k drivers. There is a link on the site to be put on a notification list when drivers are done.

In the meantime there may be a temp fix. Check your modem card visually and try to figure out who made the chipset on it. For instance, if it was made by Lucent Technologies, try getting the modem to work with the Lucent v.90 driver in win2k under the Compaq listing. Apparently, this "cheat" has worked for some people. If its a Rockwell chipset then you have to find out what supported modems use it, and then try out different driver profiles. You probably won't get all the modem functionality like wake on lan, voice, etc. but you may get faster connect speed until Wellmodem finishes the drivers.