Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spooler

No Sound in win 2k (vortex2)

Hmmm i have a anoying problem !!

I have a A-Bit bp6 mother board with dual sl36c (cel 366@550) and a vortex2 soundcard with optical

everything looks just fine (plug ´n play) untill there should be some sound but there are just silence.

are this a driver problem or i can fixit whitin win 2k.

/Spooler

this is a common problem i have heard and (not heard... no sound haha, joke, ha, nevermind), with vortex drivers.... to get mine to work , i looked for all au* and vortex, drivers and files. in all the directorys, i deleted them

then i donloaded the newest drivers from aureal.com the new beta drivers are out. get them, and install it again. it may help to go to your c:/winnt/driver cache/i386/ and rename the driver.cab to somthing like driverx.cab.... this way when you restart to install the card it will not load up the default sheit drivers. instead tell it to look in your directory where you extracted the downloaded drivers. if some of them are not in there, look for them in yoru winnt folder or winnt/system32, or just do a search for that file and point it in the right direction. this has been the best way for me to get em to work. now laugh at this picture i made djhorse.gif

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: Maxtor 20 gig hardrive :: quantum fireball 4 gig hardirve :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.