Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
franzj

STB Desktop TV

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I keep looking and looking, but nothing happens. Are there possibly reference drivers that work with this card? Please reply if you have any information.

The short answer is no... 3dfx has told me that they will not be supporting, nor do they have any future plans of supporting the Desktop TV in Windows 2000. My arguement for support is based on the fact that both Hauppague and Avermedia have support in 2000. The problem arises with lack of drivers, not lack of Windows 2000 being able to use the card. If anyone has a suggest of how to get 3dfx to make drivers...clue me in.

SIncerly,

Viper-OSU

FINALLY an answer! I just got off the phone with 3dfx tech support, and they ASSURE me that development for the Desktop TV card as well as the PCI TV card and the 3500 TV with Visual Reality is underway. The tech support guy, unlike others I have spoken with in the past was not condensending and understood that there are a bunch of us out there with the card and 2000 and who want support. The problem he said was that they are trying to make a Visual Reality program that will work under all 3 cards. So my next question was naturally...WHEN? He said that they (Tech Support) would not be notified until about a week before the product was out. Anyway... suppose to have support out later I suppose.

Viper-OSU

I have been using the v3 3500 in win2k with 3dfx's beta drivers for about 2 months now. Seeing as ths card and your 3dfx tv card are built on the same tuner and use probably real similar drivers for tv purposes I think 3dfx will realease drivers real soon.

BTW my beta drivers seem a little unstable with freezes it seems once every couple days. I hope they come out with official drivers soon for the 3500 that fix these problems.