Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
r0cko

please help

http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ebmsmit/

anyone want to hack the latest reference BIOS for a TNT2U with Brooktree TV-out so the clock speed is 175core-183mem mhz instead of 150-183mhz. the link above has all the files and info. I already tried and flashed my card with my modified BIOS and got a blank screen. so i used an autoexec.bat to flash back to a working BIOS. the problem is i want to use the new BIOS but dont want to lose the clock speed since i the 3.81 drivers dont support overclocking. PLEASE HELP. even if you dont have a TNT2U card and still want to test your PC skills give it a shot!

Coolbits wont work with those drivers? I use that to overclock my card currently. I use 5.13 drivers with my TNT2U (no tv out tho). I can email u the file, but it's just a little reg key that you can put in yourself.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]

"CoolBits"=dword:00000003

Like any regediting, please make backups first before attempting to do it. If you don't know what regedt32 and regedit are, then disregard this post in its entirety.

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

I cant use the 5.xx drivers they lock up. i have to use 3.81 they are the only ones that work. Thats why i want to change the BIOS.rom and then flash the card with the new and improved BIOS

Cool, but the reg key wont work with with the 3.x drivers? The key will give you another page for for the "additional Riva TNT properties" panel. It will be "hardware options" and you can change the core and memory speeds in there.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

no the coolbits only works with 5.xx drivers and they lock up so i have to use 3.81 drivers and they dont have coolbits or anyother way to overclock