Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Lw3 for win2k any idea when??

I know its supposed to be "mid-may" who thinks CL will actaully release this in "mid-may" so we can actually get some real 3d sound and a working surround mixer.

Hi.

CL were very good last time.

They said mid-march for LiveWare and they delivered on about the 20th of March if I remember correctly.

I just have this feeling it will be end of May at the earliest before we see them.

Doesn't stop me checking sblive.com every day I arrive at work though smile

Bladerunner:

I remember I checked everyday for the release of Livewire for Win2k when Creative said it would be out mid-march. Everyday I went to sblive.com and it loaded quick with no hesitation. The day it came out I couldnt get on because the site was swamped. I knew it was out by the fact it was so busy it was out. Kind of a catch-22. hehe

Well they delivered the drivers on-time, but they where very buggy! I expect it was because they where not really ready but it was due out so they had to release them, buggy or not so buggy.

I guess I hope they hold the liveware 3.0 for win2k back until it is properly tested.

More waiting, but not so dissapointing as last time.

"Well they delivered the drivers on-time, but they where very buggy! " They're buggy? I havent had one problem with them and when I think about it, I havent heard anyone else complaining about them.

Please use a smiley face when posting satirically. Otherwise, we might think you were being serious... smile

:}

Hey wind, gambler is right. Those LW for win2k drivers aren't very good. They don't run EAX in a LOT of games and they are very choppy. Haven't you noticed your sound stuttering and cutting in and out during gameplay? I know a few games that people complained about were Force Commander, Soldier of Fortune, and Half Life. Those are just a few.

Hopefully the new drivers will be much better. smile

I think I read in Voodoo Extreme a quote from one of the CL guys mentioning a mid June date for the next release of LW for 2000.

Cryptonium was right on the money, this was posted to the NT Compatible home page a couple days ago:

--------

Liveware 3 Update Posted Thursday, May 25, 2000

Thanks to Anthony for forward the follow note to me:

Latest info that I have so far looks like around mid-June, folks. If the date changes, I'll update it. And if it looks like its going to get posted sooner, I'll try and beat you guys to posting the news.

Still checking on the CT4700 issue for the folks who inquired in this

NG.

--

Harvey Fong

Technical Marketing Spe[censored]t

Audio Products

Creative Labs Inc.

[This message has been edited by DrSchmoe (edited 28 May 2000).]

Yes I agree, when I play my Audio CD, it seems to skip quite a few sector of the song from time to time.

Screw up when listening to too many MIDI files. the sound in the background doesn't fade off until I need to stop the player and run it again.

So far, games experience.... I wasn't too much into games, but so far, no problem with games yet.

I think we can all agree that the Liveware for Win2k drivers released are substandard. Hell, they completely break StandBy and Hibernate modes in Win2k. And someone is going to tell me they passed QA at Creative?

How long does it take to write working drivers, when win2k was over 2 years in development? I will be nothing short of insulted if the Liveware 3.0 drivers dont contain an apology for the LW/Win2k drivers.

I'm sorry, I thought when you spend $100 on a piece of hardware you actually got timely support. Bah dont get me started..