Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
koonskau

coppermine p3 700

has anyone tried a p3 coppermine 700 on an abit be6 v1. all the multipliers are in the softmenu and the cpu voltage is also there.

any help or information would be appreciated as I am thinking of upgrading my processor from a celeron 400 (clocked 500) and did not really want to change my board.

cheers

------------------

the wild thing

while I am not sure if cumine runs fine on be6 v1, it is better bet with a celery2 600.

Maybe there are the multipliers on BIOS, but did tried if they work ? You see the Socketed

PIII is absolutely multiplier locked, unless you are on a sloket board and like to play with the B21 A14 pins in order to have 133MHz FSB, if your PIII is already 133 FSB that's bad news..... it will stay so unless

you love to run the memory out of spec at 150-166 FSB... instead of burning up your system wait, and enjoy the 700MHz, 'cause I have slow mo' PII333MHz....

It'll work with no probs and I would recommend the the Copppermine highly. It is a logical step for you from a 400Mhz Celeron.

BTW, the 667's and the 733's seem to be the chips that are dropping the most in price recently. They just might be the best buy for the buck and they seem to be very overclockable. The be6 has the 140Mhz bus speed which would be a safe overclock for you. Be sure you have good quality memory though.

Good luck