Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jabbathewocket

bizzare cd burner problem

ok heres the situation, yesterday i fired up ez-cd 4 and made a few music cd's (5) to be exact, no trouble no problems nothing all was right with the world. about 4 hours later no reboot no changes played a few hours of asherons call is all i did. getting odd errors out of every cd burning app i have. invalid que sheet from cdrwin, unable to set recording speed out of all of them, and so forth.

I have an HP 8100 internal IDE on secondary master channel never had a problem before anyone have any ideas? checked the cables, rebooted reinstalled several of the programs. (not ezcd4 yet)

thanks in advance

jabbathewocket

I have the same problem, i have a HP 9110i and when I try to burn a bin/cue I get errors like can't set speed and illegal cue

please help

I had the same problem once.HP7200 and started getting burn problems on everything I tried to burn and I knew the images were good. Problems with all software, adaptec ezcd, cdrwin, nero, u name it. I think something gets corrupt in windows. had to reinstall windows and the problem vanished. all images burned perfectly then. thought i had a harddrive virus but did'nt because all images were good after reinstall. i am not a programmer but i tried reinstalling all applications, aspi, etc. to no avail. reinstalled windows and everything was perfect. Goodluck! wish i could help more. smile

well as an update. I UNinstalled EZ cd 4, and all the other apps work, may or may not reinstall ezcd but i think it was like the last poster said, something corrupted in windows registry

I'm running an HP8100i also, along with Adaptec ECDC 4.02c and have no problems burning discs, even 10-20 at a session. Sounds like possible corrupted files/registry to me. Are you running the latest version of ECDC 4? Any beta hardware drivers?

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat: You talk to it but you're never really sure if it hears you, much less comprehends what you say."

I've installed a couple HP's in Win2k before and I've never had any problem as long as I didn't install any HP softare. HP has had lots of probs in the past and I simply don't trust them. I always just install the Adaptec EZ-CD Creator and the DirectCD programs completely seperate from the HP install.

It does sound as if the Install program could have been the root of all your problems.

Just food for thought . . .

Dunno if I'm out cycling now... But i had the same problem. It occured in both EzCd and CdrWin. I removed all burning prg's and reinstalled them. After that it worked. Some1 said something about ASPI drivers ****ing up... Dunno if that's the fault but thought it might be useful information for you guys =)

I don't know yet why but the old HP i7200

had a year and a half, and gave me about

10-12 coasters during his short buggy life,

now I changed to another brand, (cheaper-faster-zero probs), and done.

I will never buy any HP cd-writer any more.

And no, I'm not a cd factory, just a back-up for month....

The ASPI defenitley seems to be a problem with windows 2000, only the very latest version seems to work properly, but Adaptecs stupid program leaves you with copies of older version in places were they shouldnt be. If you have updated to the latest version you should check the files in system and system32 directories to make sure they are the right versions. maybe thatll help with some problems.