Hello all.

MY system specs are as follows:

Amd 750

Asus K7M

256 Ram pc-100

Asus v6800 Geforce pure

SB live!

maxtor 20 gig hard drive.

I have a dual boot with Win2k pro, and WinME (had 98SE but was trying to solve my problems so i upgraded)

I am not sure about the drivers etc. that i need to install, so i downloaded the miniport 751 drivers from AMD for the WINMe (says they are not needed in NT). I downloaded and installed the VIA 4-in-1 drivers (during install it says registry error but still installs). Also i got some AGP driver from the Asus board. I have newest BIOS for both Geforce and K7M

I am using the 5.30 detonators. I have 300w power supply, and yesterday moved the VIO voltage to the highest setting on the M/B

I get tons of crashed in any game that uses 3d (even frickin diablo2!!!) I had DX 7.0a, but i have tried directx 8.0 beta, which helped a bit, but still lots of crashes...

I have reformatted and reinstalled both O/Ses and the same **** happens.

I want my system stable! If there is nothing else to be done, should i replace the Motherboard? The graphics card? If either, which should i get that is PROVEN to be stable!

Thanks in advance!

"If either, which should i get that is PROVEN to be stable!"

A P3 on a BX motherboard. heh. Just jokin ya!

I've heard people have loads of problems with those particular GF drivers causing lockups etc... Nvidia seems to put out new drivers every other week and they have problems. Heres a couple possible solutions. Download earlier drivers and find some that work for your PC. Go into your CMOS settings and experiment with your AGP aperature size settings. I have found 64 megs works good but you really have to experiment here.

Good luck

I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Stability and VIA should never be used in the same sentence, unless it is followed by a 'LMAO'

Your problems are a conflict with the geforce and the chipset I'd say. I experienced this with a tnt2 ultra. The via 4in1 drivers made a small difference but in the end, when there was a load on the vid card and the memory a lockup would occur. No way around it. In the end, I found a bx board with a blown bios (yeah I'm using the second bios) to be more stable than a via mobo. (Incidently, some studies have found a problem with the memory bus on VIA chipset boards)