Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

LW 3 finally out!!!!!!!

Installed the final package after ripping out all the old drivers,

anyone else with an ACPI multiprocessor system still get skipping when playing videos?

my EAX prob is cure tho..(thank god)...

I never had any problems with the old drivers. Installed Liveware 3.0 last night and everything still works fine.

------------------

My Windows 2000 System:

Dual Intel 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 MB

Onboard Intel 82559 NIC

512 Megs Ram

Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160

1 - 18 Gig Cheetah - U160

2 - 18 Gig Cheetah U2W

1 - Maxtor 60 Gig (IDE)

SB Live Platinum

Plextor 12/4/32 - Burner

Plextor 40x UW CD-Rom

10x Sony DVD Drive

Hercules Geforce 2 64meg

Dual V2 Cards, for D2

Viewsonic PF815 22" Monitor

My Win ME System:

PIII 733

Asus P3C4X MB

256 Megs PC133 Mem

Adaptec U2W Scsi Card

1 - 9 Gig Cheetah 10K

48x IDE CD-Rom

CL Geforce DDR

ESS 1371 Sound Card

Yes still skipping video.

It works when I set the affinity (hope its the right word(german user)) to only one processor with the taskmanger

Yes still skipping video.

It works when I set the affinity (hope its the right word(german user)) to only one processor with the taskmanger.

But still no AC3(haven´t testet EAX yet).

Drivers install fine, but I still get some sound problems in game unless I fiddle around with 3d acceleration / no 3d acceleration sound stuff in dxdiag. No improvement over the last drivers for me.

cool... i haven't installed them yet, but i must say that creative's servers were prepared this time. Last liveware release, the servers were so bogged down that i was lucky to get 10 k/s. This time though I was able to get all four files downloading at the same time at about 70 k/s each! (280 k/s total!) Hope they're at least a little better than the last set....

You guys having problems with video skipping, what motherboard and video are you using? I'm having the same problem, but think that it has to do more with the video drivers. This problem is mostly when playing DivX clips as well, and occassionally with MPEG. I think the more CPU-intensive the codec, the worse it is.

-=ODiN=-

System Info:

Win2k Pro (OEM)

5.06 BETA Win2k drivers

2.0 BETA Video Tools

Liveware 3.0

Dual Celeron 366

ABIT BP6 (QQ Beta BIOS)

256MB PC-100 (2x128MB)

Matrox Marvel G400TV

Quantum Fireball LM 20GB, Maxtor 6800 27.2GB

Adaptec 2940U SCSI-2 PCI Controller

SB Live! Value

Linksys EtherPCI Lan II Ethernet card

Pioneer 104S ATAPI 10X/40X DVD-ROM

Ricoh 7060S 6X/4X/24X CD-RW

Iomega Zip100 Ext-SCSI

Altec Lansing ACS48 Speakers

Nokia 447L 17" Monitor

Sandisk USB Imagemate

Quote:
Originally posted by ODiN:
You guys having problems with video skipping, what motherboard and video are you using? I'm having the same problem, but think that it has to do more with the video drivers. This problem is mostly when playing DivX clips as well, and occassionally with MPEG. I think the more CPU-intensive the codec, the worse it is.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's not a video card driver related problem.. I've have a TNT2Ultra and have changed detonators since 3.xx. It's most likely tied to Sound drivers because if you bump down the sound acceleration in the sound and multimedia control panel, to basic(also disables EAX), the skipping goes away. anything higher and the skipping comes back.

I too am on a BP6. I can't figure out why Ronin still has a flawless machine. i guess it's our mobo as well.. frown

mr_yellow

Mr_Yellow: you're right... just tried bumping down the audio hardware acceleration and video plays great with no skipping! It'd be nice to be able to use full hardware acceleration though for audio....

-=ODiN=-