Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anton

Viper V770 brightness

I've been using a Voodoo 3 for a while now on my Win2k system and before on NT. My dad's NT4W system had a Riva 128 on it before I obtained a Vipper V770 Ultra to stick in it. Here's the problem... the Viper makes everything extremely bright. I tried it in my computer and it was ten times brighter than my V3. Is this normal for Vipers? And if so, is there a way I can fix it so that it's dimmer *everywhere* not just in a certain Windows profile, including DOS, bootup, etc...

Thanks,

-Anton

I have used 2 V770U cards in Win98,NT4, and 2K without any gamma problems in Windows. The only gamma issues I had were with Q3A in Win2K. Have you tried different drivers? How about a different monitor?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

I have tried the card in 2 computers with different monitors and both times it was significantly brighter than either of the original cards (a Voodoo 3 and Riva 128). I have tried different drivers w/ no luck, but since the text at bootup is brighter as well, I doubt the "problem" is driver related. I am beginning to wonder if it's just the way the card is meant to function...

if it's too bright for you, why don't you just turn down the brightness on your monitor?

Personally, I find I have to turn up the gamma on my v770.....