Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
In2Deep

Computer REstarts itself

I have an Elsa Gladiac Video Card on a Athon 700mhz system. I play Unreal TOurnament with no problems. Just got Diablo 2 and while playing the computer restarts itself. It doesn't just crash to desktop, the whole computer just restarts as if someone hit the reset button. Does anyone know what this could be. I have tried both the nvidia 5.25 and 5.30 drivers with the same result.

I just spoke with someone who thinks the issue may be motherboard related. I am using an FIC SD11 motherboard. Can anyone help with this?

I know that a 300W power supply is almost a necessity for Athlon/Thunderbird/Duron class Pc's so make sure you have one and it is working up to snuff. smile

My guess is that your computer is set to automatically reboot when you get a Stop error. Sounds like Diablo 2 causes a Stop, and your computer restarts itself, instead of waiting for you to hit the reset button.

Heheh. I am sorry, that's funny! laugh

Whether or not he has the computer configured to reboot on STOP error doesn't prevent the crash from occuring in the first place!

Anyway... Are you using a 64MB Gladiac? There are some known problems with 64MB cards, and Blizzard's recommendation is to use 2D mode until the problem is solved. I am not sure whose fault this is, so you may need to wait for future NVidia drivers, or a new patch from Blizzard.

Also look if there is a new BIOS available for your video card... Earlier GeForce BIOSes had some minor problems.