Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nush

Video problem with Win2k

Does anyone know if Windows 2000 will work with the VIA MVP3 Chipset?

Because I get the problem where the VIA tech CPU is conflicting with the AGP controller. And when I go to update the drivers through the setup way, and by clicking on update driver on the VIA CPU tech, the conflict will go away. But then when I try to install the Asus 6600 GeForce video drivers, and then reboot Windows, Windows 2000 will not boot in anymore. It just hangs at the Windows start-up logo (not even to the login prompt or desktop).

Or is it just best just to stick with Intel's chipset, which is the 815 i'm looking at.

If anyone can help, please let me know what I can do to fix this problem.

The MVP3 is very good in win2000. Just install the via tech patches from www.viatech.com/drivers Its the 4-in-1 you want, install them all, especially the agp drivers! Secondly goto www.nvidia.com and download the latest reference drivers. That will solve your problems. Also it is important to make sure you motherboard Bios is up to date for win2000, if in ACPI mode.

[This message has been edited by euankirkhope (edited 10 August 2000).]

Wouldn't the Asus v6600 driver from Asus work? You would expect the companies drivers to work with its card, but it doesn't. I guess I could give nVidia drivers a try.