Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matthewc

DVD Blues!!

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 2000 Pro 120Day trial, I was installing my software and decided to check a DVD cover disc. It opened fine when exploring the root directory, however when I went into some of the sub directories they appeared empty, now I know there are files in them as they show up under Windows98.

Any ideas?

DVD: Creative Encore 6x

Thanks

Matt

Actually, Creative has a beta for the Encore 6x player with the Dxr3 encoder board, but I don't recommend this. It appears to be the same beta that screwed-up a few peoples systems, including mine, a few months ago.

However, there is a Hollywood Sigma encoder/Creative DVD player hack around the message forums. Just do a search on them.

I'm making the assumption you have the Dxr3 or another encoder card. I don't know how it works without one. smile

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

Thats a proplem with the DVD filesystem UDF.

Goto www.adaptec.com and download udfreader, or install it from your driver CDROM if you got one with the drive.

Sometime actually un-installing it fixes the problem!

As a matter of fact you can use the terminal and cut and paste web page hyperlinks to get the files, as the directory structure is

there and intact.

Its one of those annoying things nobody really wants to do anything about.

The link >> http://www.adaptec.com/support/advisor/cdrupdates/udfreaders.html

I fixed the Dxr3 beta drivers from Creative and posted the instructions under the Hardware section of this site. smile

Works perfect with none of the device startup errors that the Hollywood drivers cause.

Well that's odd - I was going to tell you what page it was on, but I can't seem to find it. It's not under 'C' for Creative or 'D' for Dxr3 - humm. I know it was up on the 'What's new' page before, but I don't know where it got put after that.

Well I did find the thread about it: http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003146.html