Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gambler FEX online

Glide wrappers in WIN2K

what is the stablest and best Glide wrapper to use in win2k?

I have a very common setup of Intel chipset and nvidia graphics card (Asus BX + geforce2)

Mostly using reference drivers..

I wanto play Rollcage Stage 2 in Windows 2000/Whistler but D3D don't work, however Glide rendering DOES work on voodoo cards at least!

I remember that none of the Glide wrappers really worked. A real 3dfx graphics card is much better that those wrappers.

as for my system, i've found that the best wrapper is GL2Ideal @ www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/8346/gl2ideal/

i've been using it to play Zelda 64 using UltraHLE (N64 emulator), and the wrapper worked perfectly...

there are many other wrappers available as well, just search the net, and visit www.ultrahle.com they have a bunch wrappers available at their site as well

-----------------------

p3 450

msi bxmaster

128 100mhz ecc

tnt2 (diamond v770; nvidia ref. v6.18)

sb live

w2k pro

[This message has been edited by polarcat (edited 12 September 2000).]

[This message has been edited by polarcat (edited 12 September 2000).]

Bah. Glide wrappers were only designed to run UltraHLE and as such, dont have around 60%+ of the glide calls a typical game uses. UT, Unreal, Driver and many other games that run in Glide mode, dont run at all, or very screwed up on a wrapper.

------------------

Obligatory System Specs

Intel MU440EX(latest BIOS)

Celeron366 @ 366mhz

128MB PC100-CAS2

Maxtor 10gb

3dfx Voodoo Banshee

Yamaha YMF740

Aztech 56kPCI

Liteon 32x CDROM

MicroATX POS case

14in Kenitec@1024x768x16

Thanks for all the links- I guess Ill be fooling around for a while now testing. i only want one game, the ultimate game, Rollcage 2, to work in win2k laugh

If you have not heard about this game, please go to http://www.3dfiles.com/games/rollcagestageii.shtml and try it. But youll have a hard time buying it because it is no longer in production! I warez'd it, thats how I got it laugh

Hello,

You must download this patch :

ftp.cdrom.com/pub/3dfiles/patches/rc2patch10c.exe

to make Rollcage 2 to run in win2K in D3D

and the crack after

bye !