Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JediBaron

New VIA/Win2k M$ patch

Well the new patch seems to have fixed the crashing with the Optimal (AGP 4x) setting on my ASUS A7V motherboard. I've been running the machine for many hours now and no more crashes in games and stuff. I haven't crashed in a long time since I changed performance to Normal (AGP 2x), but it's nice to have my 4x back. smile D3D is running 30% faster too.

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro sp1 (running fully PNP w/ ACPI)

Processor: AMD K7 T-Bird 800 w/ 256 Megs PC133

Motherboard: Asus K7a (1004c BIOS) w/ the newest Via 4 in 1, Promise 100 drivers b25

Hard Drive: Maxtor 1536H2 on the Promise 100

Video: Asus 6600 SGRAM w/ Asus sba bios (AGP Geforce 256,32meg - Nvidia drivers v6.31 - certified)

Sound: SB 128 PCI (1373 chip w/ 5.12.01.4035 WDM drivers - certified)

Modem: USR 56K PCI

Network: NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (PCI 10/100 card)

SCSI: PCI Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

CD Burner: Smart&Friendly 4x SCSI

Printer: Epson Stylus 740 (USB)

Scanner: UMAX Astra 1220U (USB)

Misc: Creative PC-DVD 5X drive, USB Intellimouse Optical w/ intellipoint 3.2 (ver. 3.20.0.484), Gravis Xterminator gamepad with 4.2.0.2 driver

DirectX: 8.0 RC1 (4.08.00.0219)

I'm gonna give this a shot I've been Pretty aggravated with Win2000 because of this very issue.

HAve pretty much the same setup as you Jed so wish me luck smile

where do you find this patch? and is it only for geforces or would it help with a v5 too

Quote:
Originally posted by pugnex:
where do you find this patch? and is it only for geforces or would it help with a v5 too

It is (or was) on the front newspage of www.ntcompatible.com (you do know where that is, right?). laugh

It's for Asus mobo VIA chipset owners.

------------------
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935