Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Down8

Packaging a computer monitor for a train ride.

I'm moving to Northen California [from LA], and I'm going ot take the train [as usual]. I will, of course, be taking my ***-to- I mean, computer, and I wanted some input on transporting the monitor.

I can throw the box in the box it came in, and check it, but the monitor is a 20" HP, and weighs a couple tons. They won't check anything over 50lbs, or anything beakable [gl***]. I've seen straps for cases for LAN parties, is there anything like this for a monitor? My only idea so far is to rig some rope as a handle and put padding and something hard in front of the screen, and carry it on [hella redneck]. I ain't got the cash to ship it.

Any ideas?

-bZj

I think Onvia.com has some monitor cases like that. If I remember right they are hard to find on the Onvia site so try the search function. Hope that helps

Well, I found some monitor cases, but they are all $200-500, so I'm still thinking....

I may end up using a smaller monitor until I can have someone drive it up for me. Damn, life without my 1280x1024, I don't relish that thought.

-bZj