Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cynan

Detonator Drivers

Just trying to update my drivers but when I do the update, I get:-

"An error occurred during the installation of the device

The system cannot find the file specifed."

Whats wrong? how can I find out what file its talking about? now when I try to reinstall the old drivers I get the same... arrrg !!!!

--Cynan

what OS are you using? also the drivers may need to be unpacked to the desktop then execute the file

Ooops.. yeah, I'm using 2K, extracted the drivers from a zip file into a directory, and then followed the instructions in the readme. I can't understand whats going wrong.

Thanks for your help btw.

--Cynan.

My system specs:

Dual PIII 650 Coppermines

Tyan Tiger 133 (Via Apollo Pro)

CL Annihilator Pro (32 MB DDR)

SB Live X-Gamer 5.1

Win2k Pro

I get kind of the same message trying to upgrade from the 6.50's to the 7.52's or the 10.80's... But my system always asks me for the 3dbgfm.sys file... I've ran searches on my computer and on the internet (at all applicable websites along with alta vista)... I cannot find crap on this file and why the nvidia drivers want it...

The funny thing is, I've uninstalled the 6.50's went back down to the 5.xx's and then reinstalled back to the 6.50's with no problems... So this is definately a file needed for anything higher than the 7.xx's...

Thanks for your help....

------------------

God damn not an angel when I die -Rammstein-

O'kay, tried that and it didn't work. Had to reinstall in the end and now the 7.52 drivers installed no problem. Hmm. They must lock something and stop updates from working on some systems.. strange.

--Cynan.

I had this same ****ing problem going from 6.50 to 7.52. I ended up reinstalling Win2K cause i couldnt get a damn thing working. If anyone figures out wtf is wrong please inform us all.