Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Harry

Nero stopped working...#%¤½*

All of the sudden I can't burn anything with Nero anymore, I get a #%¤½* IDE/SCSI error, even in test mode. Nero used to burn just fine on my system. Not sure when it started, haven't added any burning software nor hardware lately. Tried upgrading Nero (5.0.0.9->5.0.4.4->5.5.0.3), clean install of Nero after complete reg cleanout, updated and checked aspi layers, burn at 1x, burning image files, burning a few files, different disks etc but no avail. #%¤½*^, loosing my nerves soon.

The drive seems OK, CDRWin burns just fine with it, but I need to get Nero Back and working.

Any ideas what could be wrong, anyone...

Where should I start the troubleshooting?

The drive is a Ricoh 7040A firmware upgraded to 7060A (1.70), Mobo KA7-100, OS W2K.

H.

What kind of mobo/IDE controller do you have?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Abit KA7-100 MoBo, comes with the VIA VT8371(KX133) /VIA 686 chipset.

Your question brings it to my mind though, I did update the VIA 4-1 drivers from 4.23 to 4.28 recently, could that be behind this mess?

H.

I would lean to that, but I don't know. I have used Nero on a few CD-RW/motherboard combinations, but I have only used Intel chipsets with them. I have been using 1429 recently, but that system only has a DVD-ROM and a WD 40GB ATA-100 drive.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

The 4.28 VIA 4-in-1 drivers are well known to screw up IDE controllers in Win2k. Try installing the 4.29 drivers, which should solve the problem.

--

Xiven

Thanks Clutch and Xiven,

indeed, the 4in1 4.28 was the problem. 4.29a installed and the room is quietly filling with smoke !

H.