Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Mouse Opinions

I'm going to be getting a new mouse before long...

Wondering what everyone here regards as the best mouse.

I've had an Intellimouse Explorer, the non-neutered intellimouse, the logitech optical wheel mouse, the wireless mouseman, and am currently using a Boomslang 2000.

The ones I'm looking at now are

1. Mouseman optical (Logitech)

2. Intellimouse Explorer (Microsoft)

3. Cordless Mouseman Optical (logitech)(preorder only, right now)

the cordless mouseman optical would be great, but it's only 800 DPI.

I LIKE sensitive mice...which is why the Boomslang is great(2000dpi!)

however, razer is going under....so I don't want to get a new one and risk no warranty.

Anyone have any ideas, thoughts, etc.

Cordless Mouseman Optical

I have been useing Logitech's cordless mouse and keyboard for a long time now. I will probably never go back to corded stuff again.

Intellimouse Explorer kicks A$$.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

I've had an IntelliMouse Explorer for a month or so now, and I really like it, better than any of the Logitech mice - I hate that shape, it slides out of my hand.

I did hear that Razor has been bought by Logitech though, so you're not necessarily *** -out on your Boomslang2K.

-bZj

Logitech mouseman is my favorite...i just love the soothing comfort grip....ahhhh smile

I loved the MS intellimouse...and if it weren't for the extra sensitivity of the BS2k, I'd still be using it. but as it was, it was a free trade for a year old MS IE for a 2 week old BS2k

I hadn;t heard about logitech buying the razer mice.

I'd love for that to be true...because I like the BS2k -MORE- than than the IE. it's more comfortable for me, actually...

the rubbery feel is a lot nicer than the smooth plastic of the IE.

http://www.labtec.com/noflash/gear/mice.cfm

Sorry, it was Lactec, not Logitech that has gotten ahold of the Razors. This site just links back to the Razor site, but someone over at the [H] got a replacement Boomslang2K that said Labtec all over it, so the deal seems to be in the works.

-bZj

Bear in mind these are the same people that canned the SpaceOrb game controller after they bought out Spacetec. So who knows what they have in mind for Razer.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Man am I glad I found this post.

In preparation for moving from 98Se to 2KPro we've been contacting vendors regarding update drivers, etc.......... Logitech, which has generally provided outstanding service and support, keeps sending me Win98SE info.....no mention of Win2K.

Hopefully you guys can help!!!!!

In short, we use Mouseman+, Cordless Trackman Wheel, and Cordless Mouseman Wheels on our 98SE systems. Will they transfer to Win2kPro without a problem?

I bought 2 of THIS almost 10 yrs ago, still operating very well, smoothed and slicked as Bill Clinton's MO to this very day.

bigprof.gif

SnapperOne - yep, logitech mice work just fine on win2k. Just get the latest drivers and you'll be okay.

--

Xiven

Xiven..........

I have no doubt you are correct. But, what's tripping my trigger right now is why can't Logitech just say that. Nooooooo, they got me downloading all this tech' documents. I've told them at least three times in a row what products of theirs we use; why not just tell me files to download.

Thanks for the headsup. Unfortunately, based on Logitech's responses so far, I suppose I'll have to guess what to download.

MS Intellimouse Optical eye mice are great no matter what version...especially if youve got cats or other shedding pets. Love it! smile

MS Optical Trackball...or Logitech TrackMan Mable+. Either one is a great trackball. laugh

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

I used the Logitech Marble FX..and loved it

if I were in the market for a trackball, I'd be getting the new wireless FX...but I prefer a mouse for gaming(thouch I could turn around faster with the trackball, I can't circle strafe as well)