Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sidewalk

To all you "wonderful, l33t" Sr members

I would like to curse all of you Sr members that instead of just helping people out...you tell them "use the SEARCH button" ect. A lot of the time the member is not asking for something hard...one sentence would help them...but you l33t members seem to think you are too good to help people, your interpretation of help is to bash people for asking. Why send people on a wild goose chase when you could help them? If it really bugs u so much...don't answer then!!!!

sidewalk - you're missing the point.

we're not sending people on wild goose (geese?) chases.

"if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; if you teach a man to fish, he can feed himself forever"

the best way to help someone is not to spoon-feed them an answer, but teach them how to find the answer for themselves...much like that old adage...

it's even better if we take this attitude on an easy question, because we know that the answer can be easily found - especially when the question has been asked once every 3 days for the last 12 weeks...

we also try and "encourage" people to read before they post (ever read USENET?) so that at least they can realise what they need to post in a question...is that so bad?

you'll also see that we all pile in to help on the complex, difficult, and unusual problems...

That's all fine and good, but why have I searched and searched for drivers in windows 2000 for my diamond stealth III s540 xstreme and haven't found anything. I've checked every site possible and sifted through all of the forum. Other people have had the same problem, and all you say is "use the SEARCH button". It gets kind of annoying, and none has ever been directed towards me because I haven't ever posted anything. I'm just saying that if a silent observer gets this annoyed and frustrated then maybe you should lay off.

Did you actually search based on the chipset your card uses, or just on the name that Diamond gave their card.

Just a search on the word "Diamond" will turn up lots of discussion of

a. How crap Diamond are at releasing drivers.

b. Requests for petitioners for Diamond drivers to actually name the chipset in their questions.

I've been actively involved in both kinds of discussion.

And finally, if we - the l33t - don't answer these questions, nobody does, and we end up with multiple postings of the same incomplete, unclear question, together with a rant about how everyone is crap by not answering.

It's really a lose-lose situation for us, but we do it anyway.

Oh, and i found this entry in the HCL

Diamond Multimedia Stealth III S540 (AGP)

which means it is nativly supported by W2K.

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 23 February 2000).]

Looking for S540 drivers? Go to www.savage2000.com *YAWN!!!* took me a whole 2 minutes to find 'em too. Anybody want me to find 'em anything else? BRING IT ON!!!!! wink

Tip: For all your searching needs use www.google.com

Tip 2: You get what you pay for.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run