Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViSi0n

Win2k not allowing me in!!!

Windows 2000 version 2195free I think isn't letting me in. Windows will bootup but then when the user log in screen pops up and I log in it pops up a screen saying "The system connot log on now because the doman is not available." I click ok to repeat the process of having this screen popup and not allowing me into windows.

This all started when I disabled my LAN connection, but that didn't cause the problem. After I disabled my LAN connection a few days later I downloaded and installed the IE5.5beta and Internet tools pack off the windows update website. The one that shows up in the start menu. Someone please help me with my problem, msn.com and microsoft.com have no help available to me because I have to pay for service. What BULL.

Are you logging on to a nonexistent domain or are you logging on to your computer?

h0w u on your computer den stupid brain!

shotoutz to my dog 3-mailb0mb3r for helpin me with that one.

I was on my brothers computer, but I have fixed the problem with my computer with using the repair option that comes with the Win2k cd, but before I did this I removed all hardware that wasn't needed for an install. What I actually did was use the install clean copy because my repair files got corrupted. It then asked me to define settings again, I then found out that I had doman set instead of workgroup, and I kicked my computer(not really). smile