Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jpc

asrock k7s8x and mandrake 9.0 & 8.0.

hi, i have the same problem that marhabal : when try to install I see when it checks hda for seven ( or eight times ), hdb, hdc, hdd.... Every time it writes "interrupt lost". It takes about five minutes for it to find my hdd and CD. And then it starts to create virtual drive ( installer ) and it takes 30 minutes to get to the half of it.

then i install mandrake 8.0 & the proces works fine, but when i reboot the pc do the same thing that when i try to install the 9.0. so i gues the problem is something wath 9.0 check before instalation and 8.0 do it after.

i´ve an athlon 1.1 and 128mb ddr, the other hardware is the same i have before and haves no incompatibilities whit mandrake.

i try: disable the usb, install from other cdrom, disable secondary ide, change the ide drives. and always show the same problem.

i hope you can help me, and sorry the english i´m from argentina.

thanks a lot.

juan

well not exactly..

i am getting mandrake 9.1 pp plus a few "fix"? cd's i will let you know how i do. i have got an Asrock X533 MOBO and a p4 2.4Ghz with 512mb ram and a nvidia geforce 4 with 128mb ram. i just hope i do not have any trouble otherwise it's new mobo time! oh yer i am also getting gentoo and knoppix so i should have an idea if any other is gonna work or not

I found the solution. initially update your bios with version 1.9 (i have not test the last version 2). your installation of linux mandrake should normally run (me, I have the #9.1), but that should go with the #10. At the end, in "summ up", "boot charger", check up "grub" (that must also go with "lilo").

then strip "acpi" and notch "force with apic". reboot. your starting normal begins. login as root. then goto "tool of configuration mandrake". if you haven't done set up "boot charger" as mentioned above. Then goto "configuration of material". locate the chart its in the list throw the tool of configuration of the module "sound". Select "i810", instead of "snd-i8x0", or something like.Then start again kde or reboot. Et voila!!

Here is solution with ASROCK mainboard k7s8x

I had same problem... Please download www.asrock.com bios upgrade. Make a bootable floppy and copy flash.exe file in bootable floppy..open bios upgrade file , unzip and save in floppy.

upgrade bios to version 2.5. You will be able to install .

boot from floppy. write at flash biosfilename and enter.

you will see message of completion of bios upgrade.

restart pc and goto bios setup..load default settings and make cd rom your boot device. Save and start pc.

And enjoy installation of mandrake 9 or 10.

Khan

bold textbold textbold text

Here is solution with ASROCK mainboard k7s8x

I had same problem... Please download www.asrock.com bios upgrade. Make a bootable floppy and copy flash.exe file in bootable floppy..open bios upgrade file , unzip and save in floppy.

upgrade bios to version 2.5. You will be able to install .

boot from floppy. write at flash biosfilename and enter.

you will see message of completion of bios upgrade.

restart pc and goto bios setup..load default settings and make cd rom your boot device. Save and start pc.

And enjoy installation of mandrake 9 or 10.

Khan

bold textbold textbold text