Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

what happens if you mix PC-133 & PC-100 on same system?

I am wondering what will happen if you have like P3-600EB (133 mhz CPU External Frequency) system w/ 128mb PC-133 and then you put in another 128mb of PC-100?

the RAM should run at PC100 i think. I remember reading or hearing that RAM will only run as fast as the slowest chip

Tell him the truth:

1) A small temporal distubance will start in your computer case.

2) The difference in the two RAM speeds will continue to grow, until the temoral distubance over-takes your computer, and starts making your computer tell the future of the stock marktet.

3) The end-result of this new information will be that you begin to gamble at in the market, until you are extremely rich, but after the temporal distortion is to big to fit in to your house, the predictions will be from a difference space-time continuum, and you will lose your entire fortune, leaving you penniless and mentally disturbed - a wretched piece of a man.

Or nothing will happen.

They will both run at whatever you tell them to run at in the BIOS. My friend and I have had mixed RAM speeds for the past 6 months with no problems. I run 1x128@PC133 and 1x128@PC100, both at 140MHz.

-bZj

PS: None of the above GUARANTEEs are guaranteed.

Thanks for replying. I was wondering about mixing two different speeds of RAMs because I have 128 mb of PC-133 and I just got 256mb of PC-100 from my brother for free so I am thinking about sticking that PC-100 in my system.

i have 2 128 mb sd100ram sticks of different manufacturors, which i no run @ 133 fsb, so if your a bit lucky youll be able too run it at 133 as well, i wouldnt hope for it tho wink