Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bobbiedew

NT compatible

I have windows 2000, purchased the product Home Design 3D and started to install this. The installation stopped, requested that I have windows 95/98. Is there a patch or something that can help me convert the down load? Thank you.

On your Windows 2000 CD is a file called APCOMPAT.EXE

Copy it it your hard drive and run it. You can use it as a lauch platform for other applications and it tries to fool the applications into thinking they are running on Win9x.

I can't be certain that it will work, but give it a go. Failing that, try the website for the software and see if there is a patch that will help you out.

If all else fails, I hope you kept the receipt!

also there is an updated application compatibility toolkit available from the M$ website. You may have better results with the newer version as the one that comes on the win2k cd does not work all that well from my experience.

Thanks, I plan on trying this and if it doesn't work, then the next reply will most likely help also.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bursar:

On your Windows 2000 CD is a file called APCOMPAT.EXE

Copy it it your hard drive and run it. You can use it as a lauch platform for other applications and it tries to fool the applications into thinking they are running on Win9x.

I can't be certain that it will work, but give it a go. Failing that, try the website for the software and see if there is a patch that will help you out.

If all else fails, I hope you kept the receipt!</font>

thank you for your reply!!! most appreciated!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Four and Twenty:

also there is an updated application compatibility toolkit available from the M$ website. You may have better results with the newer version as the one that comes on the win2k cd does not work all that well from my experience.</font>