Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Hacked HighPoint Controller?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any sites that tell how to hack a Highpoint HPT366

UDMA 66 controller to make it a RAID card?

This might sound strange, but I know of many sites showing how to do it with the Promise 66 cards....

So, there's the chance it can be done with this.

btw...here's the info from the site.

"The EP-USB66 is a complete IDE and USB solution for the most demanding hardware configurations. A combination UltraDMA-66 EIDE controller and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Hub makes the EP-USB66 a superb addition to any PC based system.

UltraDMA-66 Controller

The UltraDMA-66 portion built using the advanced HPT-366 PCI Host Adapter chip is capable of up to 133 MBytes/sec burst data transfer rates on the PCI Local Bus. The HPT-366 supports a wide range of devices such as CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, ATAPI CD-ROM, LS-120, Tape and ZIP devices. The controller also of course supports today’s faster UltraDMA-66 hard drives as well as being backwards compatible with UltraDMA-33 and PIO mode transfer rates. The controller has two IDE channels than can support up to two EIDE devices each plus the card can coexist with any EIDE controllers onboard your motherboard. Setup is completely automatic as the card will autodetect the best possible transfer mode for each attached ATAPI or EIDE device.

Sustained transfer rates of up to 66 MBytes/sec.

Up to 133 MBytes/sec burst data transfer rates on the PCI Local Bus.

PCI 2.1 "Plug & Play" compatible.

Can coexist with other IDE and SCSI controllers.

LBA translation and Extended Int 13 support."

I had a promise u66 card that had been modded for raid before i boutght the abit hotrod pro and i have to say that it was a night mare my system was totally unstable it rebooted all the time and just did all sorts of weird **** . Then i got the hot rod pro and i have been very happy with it ever since. My recomendation to you would be to just buy the hot rod pro it has all the features you could ever want and costs about 50 bucks with fedex shipping.

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Triple Boot

Windows 2000 Pro 2195

Windows Whistler Pro 2296

Windows Millennium Final Retail

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

512 Megs Ram

Guillemot Maxi Gammer Cougar (TNT2 M64 w/ 32 Megs of RAM)

Matrox Millennium PCI (w/ 4 Megs of RAM for second monitor)

3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 Ethernet Card

Abit Hot Rod Pro ATA-100 RAID Controler

2 x 12.6 Gig Maxtor Hard Disks RAID 0 (for system)

1 76.3 Gig Maxtor Hard Disk (for storage)

40X LG CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Iomega Internal Zip Drive

MS Explorer Mouse

MS Natural Keyboard Pro

And not a single piece of software that I actually own