Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

battle of the computers

I'm starting to disassemble the entire thing, parts and all, so I can give it a dusting while I'm at it. That, and I gotta remove the fronts of my external drives to paint.

Here's my brother's new computer for college(6 months early, so my dad will stop whining about him being on his computer).

I'll be finished building it tonight.

Chenbro Junior -05 Door model

MSI 6380/K7T Pro-2RU w/ RAID and USB2.0(that bastard!)

Athlon XP 1900

Swiftech MC462a w/ Panaflo 80mm L1A

512(1 stick) Crucial PC2100 DDR

Gainward GeForce3 TI-200 64mb Golden Sample

Hercules Game Theater XP

Diamond MultiMedia 56k WinModem

Intel NIC

Liteon 32x10x40 CDRW

Pioneer 106s Slot-load DVD

Maxtor 80gb 740XL

Samsung 753DF 17"(since he won't use 1280x1024, why worry about 1600x1200?)

Logitech Z560 speakers

MS Natural Pro(usb only)

MS Intellimouse Wireless Explorer

RatPad

Enermax 465 modded for 24/7 full speed fans

Case fans: 1x Panaflo 80mm L1A, 2x Panaflo 120mm M1A(12/7 switch later on if needbe)

• For comparison, here's my rig:

Chenbro Genie -05 door model

Soyo K7T Dragon+ w/ UDMA and NIC enabled

Athlon XP 1600

Swiftech MC462a w/ Delta 80 EHE (on 12/7)

512(2 sticks) Crucial PC2100 DDR

Leadtek GeForce3 TI-200 128mb

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

(Onboard VIA NIC)

LiteOn 24x10x40 CDRW

LiteOn 16x DVD

Western Digital 100gb 1000JB-SE (8mb buffer)

iiyama VisionMaster Pro 451 19" (I WILL use 1600x1200, and I like the speakers, dual VGA inputs & USB hub)

Logitech G10 speakers(2 piece)

Sennheiser 590 headphones(I'm a headphone user rather than a 5.1 user)

MS Natural Pro(usb only)

MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

RatPad

Enermax 465 modded for 24/7 full speed fans

Case fans: 1x Sanyo Denki 92mm, 3x Panaflo 120mm M1A on 12/7 switch (also operates the CPU's Delte EHE)

[/list:u]

In general, we're fairly equal. He's got a few things just a bit better than me...namely USB 2.0, a faster CDRW, and a faster CPU. Other than that, we're equal more or less equal.

Well, I've got all but the panel I'm gonna put the window in painted. Got most of the system reassembled. I'm about as far as I can go on the reassembly right now, as I painted the fronts of my optical and floppy drives. (I did remove the fronts first, BTW). I've rounded my IDE and floppy cables. I want to pick up a cold cathode pretty soon too, but I still got my bill to pay first.

Man, I've used a lot of electrical tape on this, but at least It'll look neat.

Damn! My Antec 350W PSU died, totally sucks. I got a Sparkle 350 Watter and everything seems to work fine. Now I just gotta hook the PSU up inside the case and do that last panel and window mod.

Woohoo! Got the hole done and the primer on. I should be able to put the paint and clear coat on later tonight then bring it in the house.

How many coats of paint are you doing? You might want to consider doing a few, and maybe even wet sanding in between to get a nice, deep color to it. Also, if you have garage (and want to hold on to the whatever braincells you have) you will want to keep that puppy outside for as long as possible. The parts for mine sat in a storage room for about 4 days between sessions, and another week until I brought the bastard inside (I learned this from the headaches I got on my first one ;)).

1 coat primer, 1 coat paint, 1 coat clear coat. I didn't do any sanding in between. I did do a sanding before the primer tho. Seems to be working out really well. I let the parts dry overnight after the last coat. I do the spraying outside or in the garage. I should be putting on the clear coat pretty soon here.

nice brian. well my full tower is in the stage of primer right now

i havn't decided if i want to keep it primer and add a clear coat or paint it. if i paint it i want to use automotive paint, no not the spray cans, i mean the real deal. compressor spray gun real automotive paint,i don't like goin though all that extra but if i to do it like. if i am gonna do it, do it right the first time,that also means finishing everything i want to get done led's blah blah blah.i want to also add some lan handles and stuff, i will have a pic of it on my site before and after.i am still waiting on my vid card to come tomorrow is the last day i am waiting.i will let you all know on the finished case when it is done i hope it looks as good to you all as it does to me:D

Well my gf3 arrived today. it is still in the box i havn't put it in yet.i will let you all know about scores,

When putting on clear coat...you may want to put some regular turtle wax on your case (teflon stuff).

Just to portect the clear coat from 'stuff'

What a dork, anyways i just built new budget system

1.6A P4 running at 2240 mhz

P4S 333 Asus Mobo

256 meg DDR PC 2100

Promise 133 Controller

Gainward Golden Sample Geforce 3 128 meg running at 242 core and 502 memory

Ultra 133 maxtor 60G 7200 rpm

Soundblaster Audigy MP3 with firewire

40x12x48 CDRW

56x Cd Rom

FA311 NICS 10/100 (2)

Inwin s500 midtower

bunches of sunon fans including 120mm in side directly at CPU/Vid Card

Running Win XP PRO Corp version

RtCW at 200 + FPS and 1024 32 bit everything on max

quake 2 ....384 fps same 1024 EVERYthing on max

3D Mark 2001 SE 8450 heh

Correction: I am a dork. I got so sick of trying to get that stupid window mod in that I just used a tightly taped down piece of saran wrap (looks pretty damn good actually) instead.

Somehow, my Audigy software got totally screwed up so everything sounds like crap. I guess I'm gonna have to do a reinstall of all the stuff (shrugs). Oh, well, ain't the first time I've had to reinstall, tho it does piss me off quite a bit.

reinstalls due to hardware/software f.uck ups piss me off too man.

LOL, Saran Wrap.......whatever works right?

Quote:

Geforce 3 128 meg running at 242 core and 502 memory

Where did you get the 128mb version from?

Epox 8K7A+ Raid

512MB PC2100 DDR

AMD XP 1700+ @ 1900+

GeForce 2 GTS 64MB

SB Live 5.1

Intel 10/100 Nic

16X DVD Lite on

24X CDRW Lite on

60 Gig IBM Deskstar ATA 100 7200RPM

40 Gig IBM Deskstar ATA 100 7200RPM

ATI TV Wonder

Solid Copper Heatsink and 8000 RPM Fan

Windows 2000 SP2 IE6 NTFS

Quote:

Where did you get the 128mb version from?

Gainward has a 128MB version of a Ti200.

In other news, I just came home with a Hercules Fortissimo II. The audigy refuses to work properly in the system I want it to, and I'm so sick of the sh!t I've been getting from it that I just don't want another creative card right now. It just entirely pisses me offmad

Well here are my new spec of my server and my comp

NaturalholoKaust

mobo: epox ep-8kha+

cpu:t bird 1.33@1.477

ram:kingston 266 pc2100 256mb

vid card:abit siluro gf3 ti 200 core 175/ram 400, stock speeds

nic:generic 10/100

modem:us robotics 56k faxmodem

sound: onboard ac97

harddrive: maxtor 30 gig/ 20 gig partion/10 gig partion for storage

2nd harddrive 8 gig maxtor for mp3's

dvd/cd/cdr:asus 50x

dvd/cd/cdr:geneic 5x

cpu cooler:thermal take volcano 7 modded to run 5000 rpm's constant

server

mobo:fic az11ea

ram: 856 megs pc133,{512-1}{256-1}{128-1}

cpu:t bird 700@864

Video card:aopen g force 2 mx 32 meg

nic:generic 10/100

harddrive:samsung 8 gig/6 gig partion/2 gig partion for storage

dvd/cd/cdr:acer 2x2x12 burner

floppy:generic 1.44

sound:onboard ac97

cpu cooler:alpha pep 66t heatsink/delta 6000 rpm fan

there is something funny about my fic board, for some reason it will

only let me run @pc 133,dunno why

these are the following games my server has installed

quake

quake 2

quake 3

quake 3 teamarena

counterstrike

return to castle wolfenstien

unreal tourament

half life, team fortress classic

i havn't decided on what other games to install, some clues would be nice,but i will run out of storage so i wil have to add another hardrive for storage.my server runs dedicated server for all them games , except for quake i think.and if someone could also give me a link or tell me the server commands for unreal tourament would be greatly apreciated. if i get enough money from my work i am gonna go buy a linksys 10/100 8 port switch. so then i can network my whole hhouse

How's that Epox workin' for ya? I've heard, other than a compatibility issue with any reference designed GF4, it's a pretty good board for the overclocker.

runnin good so far, but i have a heat issue now, i dunno why but my cpu idle between 102-17 i dunno why but it doesi am working on a cooling solution now, i am gonna take the thermal take volcano heatsink remove the 80mm fan and grill and put a 60 mm delta inplace of it

Well now i get bsod all the time i am currently runnin the 27.51 with refresh rate fixed, i tried runnin the infinite loop fix with nvmax but that isn't helpin i am gonna try the 23.11's and see what i get but i can barley play any games cause i always get kicked back to the desktop or bsod's, counter strike is the only game i can run fine, what drivers is everyone runnin with thier gf3's

I am running 27.70 drivers on my gf2 mx200 and was also using it on my gf3ti200 until my mobo f*c*e*d up, drivers are great so far, no bsod's or drop outs.Getting my new gigabyte GA-7DXR+ mobo on thursday hopefully ,cant wait, only problem is i broke my finger on my right hand (it hurts :()so im gonna have to install it all with my left hand frown will take 4ever.

the official Nvdida 23.12 drivers.

No probs here >

Asus CUV4X-D,Dual PIII 1 ghz @133

1.25Gb PC133,1 x 75GXP 30.7GB IBM Deskstar ATA100,1 x Maxtor 740x 60GB ATA133,GTXP 3.02,Gef 2 GTS Pro 32MB DDR (nvidia ref) 23.12 dets

Yamaha 2100s int SCSI CDRW,Adaptec int ScSI card,Acer 52x CDRom,Pioneer 16x DVD A05s,iiyama VM Pro 450 19",MS Intellimouse Explorer USB,MS Sidewinder FF Pro2 USB,MS Sidewinder Gamepad Pro 2 USB,MS Internet Pro KB,USR 56k V.90 Voice/Fax Ext Modem,RatzPad smile

W2k Sp2 DX8.1 Sec Patches IE 6.0

-----------------------------------------------

P4 1.6 GHz with 400 Mhz Front

Side Bus, 256KB Second Level Cache

3 PCI slots, Graphic upgradable by AGP

4x slots, 4 USBs (2x front / 2x rear),

1 parallel, 2 serial, 2 PS/2

3 FireWire IEEE 1394, 1x front / 2x rear

Front Audio / Video In, 1x Front microphone In

512MB SDRAM at 133MHz

80GB Ultra ATA / 100 hard disk

16x DVD ROM