Today I finally I got all the parts together:

Lian Li PC60 USB case

Abit KG7-Raid

Athlon 1400 (266)

Swiftech 462 Cooler

Mushkin HiPerf 2-2-2-2 DDR

Asus 7700 (Nvidia GTS) video Card

Soundblaster live 1024

First boot directly to DOS OC@1600, CAS at 2, temp 38 C - YO!!

Everything has worked like a charm sof ar, still busy installing. Can't wait to see how OC this setup will be.

H.

Well i finally made up my mind andi am staying with amd but when i get a new mobo i am gonna try to get the athlon 1.4 and this time i am hoping the board has no defects,so if i get the new processor i want to take my old athlon 850 and put it in a another machine.but here are the specs of the computer i am currently runnin.

processor=amd k6-2 300

mobo=butterfly{i have never heard of it}

ram=pny 128 megs

video card=voodoo 3-2000 16 megs

sound card= sound blaster 64awe

modem=generic 56.k

cd/cdr/dvd-2x2x12 acer burner

cd/cdr/dvd-5x creative labs dvd

but that is my brothers old computer that he gave my parents which i borrowed and now is in my room

but since the poressor and mobo are junk i was gonna take the athlon 850 and a new board and put them together a new computer. so that way they have a decent computer.

Depending on if you want DDR or not, the Asus A7V (if you can find it) is a great board, and what I've read about the A7V133 says it's even better.

The top stores in town have been using DFI's Socket A boards in their basic systems because they are stable and fairly fast, not to mention cheaper than Asus or Abit.

I really like my A7V, but I really can only use upto a 1.30GHz T-Bird unless I modify the CPU's bridges, and I mean by cutting them. That is the only downside there. It does have some quirks if you mess around with too many BIOS settings, but it has been a stable board. I've had it for about 10 months now, and it is a solid board.

Primary Machine [pOsTGap FluX]

Intel Pentium III 667@750MHz (Socket 370)

Alpha PEP66T with 38cfm HSF Combo

ABit VH6 (YY) Socket 370 Motherboard (1 AGP, 5 PCI, 1 AMR, 1 ISA) VIA 686A

384MB PC150 SDRAM 168pin cas2 (1*256MB, 1*128MB)

NVidia Geforce II MX 32MB AGP Video Card (Det. 8.04)

OnBoard VIA Sound

RealTek 8029(as) 10BaseT PCI NIC

Sigma Designs Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder Card PCI

30(29)GB 7200RPM Hard Drive EIDE (FS:NTFS)

Pioneer DVD-115 (tray) 16x DVDROM EIDE

Plextor Plexwriter 12x/10x/32x CDRW EIDE

350w Generic ATX Power Supply

Generic ATX Mid-Tower

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1.2526)

Secondary Machine [PanIC DiZorDeR]

AMD Athlon 850@962MHz CPU (Socket A)

FIC AZ11EA Socket A Motherboard (1 AGP, 5 PCI, 1 CNR) VIA KT133A/686B

256MB PC133 SDRAM 168pin (2*64MB, 1*128MB)

NVidia Riva TNT 16MB AGP Video Card (Det. 7.58)

OnBoard VIA AC'97 Sound

RealTek 8029(as) 10BaseT PCI NIC

8.4GB 5400RPM Hard Drive EIDE (FS:NTFS)

Teac 32x CDROM drive EIDE

250w Generic ATX Power Supply

Generic ATX Mid-Tower

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.00.2195;SP2)

Well, it seems that I will *finally* be getting my GF2Pro very soon. The vendor the shop ordered the card from screwed up on shipping it. The vendor kept saying it had been shipped (which it hadn't), and then after realizing the screw up is throwing in some RAM to make up for it. The shop gave them the ultimatum: If it's not in by Friday, refund the money on the card, and we'll order elsewhere.

I'm pretty patient, but it's been well over a month since the card was ordered, and this is a ridiculously long time to wait. I don't care what extra's they throw in, because the shop and I just want the card without the BS.

I used to go to skool with the shop guy getting me the card, and he's not trying to screw me. If the card isn't in by this Friday, the vendor gets dropped.

well i just ran my 3dmark scoresi will list my specs and what i got

MObo:dfi ak75 ec

processor:duron 950

ram:256 megs pc 133

harddrive: maxtor 40 gig 5400rpm

cd/cdr/dvd:5x generic dvd

cd/cdr/dvd:2x2x12 acer burner

video card:geforce 2 mx pci

modem:best data 56k

3dmark 2000 score:5155

and with my modem on counter strike i get a ping btween 130 and 200

Wow! that's pretty good, 'specially considering it's a PCI card. What resolution you usin', Pimpin?

I've been able to hit 5600+ with the I.S.D., but for some reason I've been getting in the low 5000's. Haven't a clue why it did that all of a sudden. Resolution in benchmark: 1024x768 in 16-bit in 3dmark2k. Same settings in 3dmark2001 were getting 3000+ no sweat. 21.80's used.

I will have the GF2 Pro soon. *drool*

bump!

Noooooooooo!

Must...keep...thread...alive!

Anyway, props to the SB Audigy. Schweet card. I don't know how I can ever live without rear speaker output again!

Still don't have my GF2 Pro, and have taken it up with the BBB against the shop. Nearly 5 months, I'm empty-handed, and "It's shipped" is the only response I've gotten. "Show me the card or show me the money!" They don't have it by this friday, they better cough up my money, because my patience just ran out.

I know how you are feeling about the video card because where i got my video card they did the same thing.I waited for 2 months because my geforce 2mx agp died, and they said that i could trade it well i went down there like 30 times and they kept saying they will be in tomorrow well i finally got pissed about it and ust traded my card for the pci version then the next dat for some reason they had my card but i am glad i got the pci version. it runs better than the agp

i guess it's who mad my card but the agp version of it sucked

but i still wish i had an agp video card

well Cody, at least you can stare at my fried Hercules 3D Prophet II MX, has a nice blue color, looks good on the wall.

Oooh. Too bad about the MX eddie. I'm keeping my in the Imperial Star Destroyer and putting the Pro (if I get it) in the Samurai Pro.

Oh, update: If the Pro isn't in by this Friday, they are going to give me my money for the hardware I traded in.

I'll look around then and go from there.

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUmp bump bump bump bump..............................................................................................................................................................IT CANNOT DIE

Well I might as well post the specs to my AMD rig once I get all the parts:

Corona-12

Abit KG7-RAID (waiting)

Athlon XP 1600+ (waiting)

256MB Samsung PC2100 DDR

Maxtor 40GB ATA100 5400RPM

GF2Ti

SB Audigy Gamer

D-Link DF3 538TX+

Vantec CCK-6035D (waiting)

Antec 400 W PSU (waiting)

WinXP Pro

I should be able to get the mobo next week and have it up and running. I can get the other stuff later, but I need the mobo for this to fly.

Well i just ordered my 1.33 tbird today fair price 119.99 and it has 266 fsb. then about the 28 of dec. i will be ordering my hercules 3d

prophet 3 titanium 500

soon to be sys. specs

mobo:fic-azella

proc:1.33 t bird havn't decide if i should push this one

ram:3 sticks of 256

vid card:ti500

sound:ac 97 on board

harddrive:maxtor 40 gig 5400 rpm

nic:linkies 10/100 base

modem:us robitics 56 fax modem

dvd:generic 5x

psu:generic 300watt

2nd psu:antec 300 watts used to power my fans

fans:120 in the front 2 80's in the back up top part.

i have an alpha pep66t with a delta 7000 rpm fan.

Well i benchmarked it with 3dmark 2k and got 8056 no problem i want to tweak soem and see what i can get out of it then bench mark. then once i get my gf3 i will switch to 3dmark 2001

Well, I got my new board today. The Aopen AK77 Pro. Right now I'm installing XP on it. I had to pick up an IDE controller card so I can keep myself pampered. SIIG ATA100 controller card with the CMD IDE controller. Fine, I thought it would be promise, but after my luck with them, I'm kinda relieved that it's not Promise.

yeah it looks that way and i bought a set of boston acoustic 3 piece speaker setup for 30 bucks and it sounds good

just bought a Gainward GF3 TI200 64MB with DVI and S-Video Out for $143 USD!!!! Talk about a steal.

y next upgrade will be in February when i buy a new Socket A DDR Mobo, Athlon XP, and some DDR Ram.

Well, I got some more MHz outta the ol Duron. got it up to 1074MHz, so far so good. I can make it hit 1.1GHz, but I'm unable to get it to run stable at that level, and I've maxed out the voltage without doing any modifications. I'll probably get another stick of DDR in the future. Hopefully I can pick up a PSU next, cuz I'll need it when I get an Athlon XP.