Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

battle of the computers

PSU, yea tell me about it, i am running mine with a 250w!!! i'll need at least a 350 for my Athlon XP, i can get my athlon 850 to 1.1 stable now at 1.85v, i guess i'm lucky, but i feel safer with it set to 1000MHz.

Well the newest edition to my comp or shouldi say lost is my case full of comp discs was stolen and i went bonkers

Dude, are you here to help, ask for help, or to troll?

Why buy a car ever? You're gonna replace it in 10 years or less.

Quit being a troll and post something useful or leave!

I did not know I was trolling. I thought trolling involved giving a system specification higher than everyone else's then saying everyone else's computer sucked, but to each his own I guess. "Battle Of the Computers" in the "Other" forum is not exactly people asking for help.

My computer now makes the one I had 6 months ago seem like crap.

And 10 years would be nice for computer upgrades. smile

Well ive not posted in this huge thread once so far so i may as well do it now smile

Abit TH7-II-RAID

Intel Pentium 4 1700@2047mhz (until i can get hold of a better cooler frown )

512MB RAMBUS

2xIBM 60GXP 40GB in RAID0 on the crappy highpoint grrr

Floppy drive smile

Hercules Geforce 3 Ti500

Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Platinum

Linksys 100TX 10/100 NIC

Pioneer DVD-105s 16x

Plextor 12/10/32a CD-R/CD-RW

Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 410

DTT2500 speakers

MS Intellimouse Explorer/MS Forcefeedback 1/and 2xMS Gamepads

and a window and 2 neon lights (red and green, looks very nice).

and that is it...

You don't need a faster CPU when you have a BIG.......

Hard Drive.

"Get your minds out the gutter"

Well, I just got some more cash so I'll be getting some parts for the Corona-12: a 400 Watt Antec PSU and another stick of 256MB PC2100 DDR.

1.4GHz Athlon T-Bird and a Vantec CCK-6035D ordered. Should be here by Thursday. (Shipping is waaaaay too expesive for anything else)

I think youve probably managed to get 90% of all your posts from this 1 thread alone. Its like a constant status update smile

I want to spend some money but i dont know what to get frown

I would LOVE to go dual but what are the options. Just dual athlon or dual p3?

Which mobo would be the best in each case? smile

I would say dual p3 on an Intel chipset or Dual p4 xeon on an i860

my opinion is totaly biased due to my repeated bad luck with amd in the past.

Hey i would prefer intel as well, as ive had some bad experiences with amd myself and none with intel. Im thinking i might just get a new case though, my current 1 is getting a bit old and broken frown Im thinking a quality all aluminium 1 this time. (Lian-Li maybe, anyone got any suggestions?).

my new system is up...the duallie rig Ragnarok is on temporary hold

NIFLHEIM

Windows XP Professional

AMD Athlon XP 1600+ Overclocked to 1800+ speeds(1533 (146x10.5)

Swiftech MC-462a w/ Delta 80mm-80CFM fan on 12/7 switch

Soyo K7V DRAGON+ Sigma Edition w/ onboard NIC, sound, Promise IDE

512mb(2x256) PC2100 DDR from Crucial

iiyama VisionMaster Pro 451 19"(running @ 1600x1200x32@85)

Gainward GeForce3 TI-200 Golden Sample (240core/540RAM through BIOS)

40gb IBM 60GXP

Lite-On 24x10x40 CDRW

Lite-On 16x48 DVD

Enermax WS101 mobile rack

Panasonic Floppy

all rounded cables

Chenbro Genie w/ casters, fan holes cut for more airflow (SR10405-Door model bezel will arrive in a month or so)

2xPanaflo M1A 120mm

1x Sanyo Denki 92mm

Enermax 465 modded w/ better fans

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

RatPadz

If you want a cheap duallie board, the ECS 6DVAA. It can be had for around $60, making it the cheapest duallie board available. It has optional HighPoint HPT370 RAID. It's based on the Via Apollo Pro 133A chipset with the 686B southbridge. Pentium 3's go in it. Unless you have a buttload of cash, the (P4) Xeon's are gonna be waaaaay too expensive. They would be nice to have, tho.

I haven't really had problems with AMD chips, but that's me. I'm really not partial for the home setting between the companies in the desktop market. Corporate scenario, Intel and ServerWorks (big $$$$$$$) all the way.

Your system looks pretty tight M4, so you could always hold onto it, or get that case.

Nice rig, Inferno. How ya like your 60GXP? My 2 in RAID 0 are rather quick laugh Nice jet-engine too:p

Hey smile Ill just make it clear that ive never had probs with amds chips, i had a slot athlon 700mhz with an amd irongate (750/751) chipset and it ran great. But my other boards, Via KX133 and the KT133a always had some stupid problems which took hours/days of tweaking to get stable frown

So my problem isnt really the chips, i know they are faster than the p4s atm, but they are just not stable enough with those stupid via chipsets (at least for me).

Think the case i will get is......

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/atc/atc200.html

Its silver but has a kinda black front which would look great with some black drives when the time comes to change em.

BTW Brian, your running 2x60GXPs in RAID0 like me smile Any chance you could do some benchies smile I need to make sure mine are running right, and what strip size did u use?