Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
peaje

TNT2 drivers on Win 2000 RC2?? Opengl ICD works?

I installed RC2 and it detect everything.. even the TNT2 video card that i have (DIAMOND TNT2).

I try to run Quake 3 and it doesnt detect the opengl driver.

So my question is.

Why putting this driver on Win 2000 RC2 if the opengl ICD doesnt work?

Or.. there is something that i dont know??

^PeAjE

Don't know what you are doing wrong??

I have a v550 and detected opengl in Q3Test 1.08. No probs...

I used 3.52 drivers.

try to find the nvogl.dll (or something like that in winnt\system) copy it to you q3 dir and rename it to opengl32.dll

hope this will help

Just download and install the new drivers (3.53) from http://seldzar.dhs.org and you'll be fine.

A small tip to anyone having problems with "stuttering" and lockups in Quake3, pull down console (the tilde (~) key) and type cg_draw3dIcons = 0 this will probably fix it.

Frag on!

I was having the exact same problem. I am using an Abit BP6 motherboard, two 366 celerons, ata66 controlled hard drive, and Viper 770 Ultra video. No matter what drivers I used I got an opengl error when loading Quake 3 or a white screen that I had to crtl alt delete. I checked the microsoft newsgroup and got a link to http://www.mswin2k.net/noflash.shtml where I got a driver that worked. It appends the register, but there appears to be no side effects and Quake 3 works great. Played it half the night. Thanks(This is my first post) hope it works.

Perhaps you're not "really" installing them...

This was posted in a previous post, my apologies to anyone who has to endure it again.

When windows asks you to confirm if you want to install the driver you've chosen, DO NOT hit next, click the check box below the message to see all of your driver options...THEN select the new driver....That's when you'll get the confirmation tabs asking you if you want to replace the "newer" stock win2000 driver with the 3.xx drivers...

And when you reboot...voila! no more opengl error. (i had the EXACT same problem)