Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beavis

Microsoft Games don't work?

I have NBA inside drive 2000 and NFL Fever 2000 and I can't get either of them to work under the 2128 build. I have a Voodoo3 2000 PCI card and have downloaded the newest drivers I could find. In basketball the game starts ok and then when I get to the actual gameplay the screen starts flashing like crazy. In the options menu I only have the choice of software mode or D3D mode also. I have tried both modes and neither one works.

If anybody else spent $20.00 on these games and got them to run please let me know how.

BTW Quake2, Unreal, and Drakan run smooth as silk BABY!!

I downloaded Direct X 7.0 for windows 2000 and the problema has been solved!!!

Too Cool!!

Still no luck here. I think my Xitel Storm Platnium (another Vortex 2 sound card like a Diamond MX300) is really causing all the trouble. Games look like they are going to start, but just stop without any errors or screens coming up. And while I tried up[censored] DirectX 7 last night, it didn't seem to help at all.

I guess I need a SB Live for my Dual CPU machine, as many are just having headaches trying to get the Vortex 2 chipset running in Windows 2000.

------------------

I still can't get NFL Fever 2000 to work correctly. I think you are right on track with the sound card problem. I have a Sound Blaster PCI 128 and the game starts out ok (but without sound) and then it dies.

NBA Inside Drive runs great though.

Where can you download DX 7.0(a?) for W2000? I can't find it ANYWHERE!...

Quote:
Originally posted by Beavis:

I downloaded Direct X 7.0 for windows 2000 and the problema has been solved!!!

Thx...