New server - next week

linuxcompatible.org will move next week to a new server

Here the specifications of the new machine:

Intel Dual Xeon 2GHz with hyperthreading

1GB ECC Ram

LSI Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Controller

2x Seagate SCSI harddisks (73GB each)

Intel e1000 Gigabit NIC

If you use a custom host file, please remove linuxcompatible.org 64.246.24.75 as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Philipp

As I've only really noticed it since the board moved to the new server this seems the most appropriate thread to post this in: Why do I get an "invalid or inactive username" error when I try and log in to this board? I've tried deleting my LC cookie but that didn't seem to help, eventually the board would forget I'd logged in and when I tried to log in again, I'd get the error until I deleted it again.

That's odd. What browser are you using?

Has someone else problems with the login?

The same browser I was using before the server upgrade: Opera 7

Also, why have the links been filtered out of my sig, I'm not using HTML (which is disabled) and the code is still present when I view my profile?

Quote:
Also, why have the links been filtered out of my sig, I'm not using HTML (which is disabled) and the code is still present when I view my profile?

Great frown. It seems like that the latest security fix for phpBB break this frown. Will try to fix this later.

Since I saw the first post here, I thought I would just add that I too have gotten the error on my user name and password. I can log into the site ok, but when i went to dload the Fedora Core 1, it would ask for my user name and password, and then when i would type it in, it would return the error with user name to me. I am using Opera 7.21. I opened up my MyIE2 and strolled to the linuxcompatable addy, and it started downloading there without asking for my user name and password. This is not a complaint, just letting you aware of the problems I was having.