Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hribo

Alien vs. Predator

AvP doesn't work! When I run the game it says something like this: avp.exe has generated errors. Windows will close the programme.... What's the problem? (have voodoo3 win2k drivers)... HELP...

Same error I got on some other games. It usually disapeared after installing the newes version of the games. Try that

On my system, AvP would play the into to the mission and then drop out. For a while there I was getting errors which referred to (I think it said) 3dfx.dll, which I assumed was my Voodoo3 card. Since then I gotten the patch for AvP and the new beta drivers for my Voodoo3. I can now play it, but for some odd reason when I load up on the mission it still every once in a while drops out again. It is very random in nature and I get no errors, it just plops itself on out and I just restart it. So who knows, just thought I led you know of someone else having problems with it. I still think its the Voodoo3 drivers!!! Later

dont let it finish the intro movie, then it will work fine. mine was doing the same thing. you should be all set

I get the same to Hribo

look this game real need a patch big time

Hello,

Windows 2000 is a client/server operating system designed to run the daily

operation of networks. The OS is designed radically different from Windows

3.1, 95 or 98. Our programs were not designed for and are not supported

under the Windows 2000 Operating System.

Your customer number is 471449

If you need further assistance, please call our technical support staff at

(410) 568-3630, or visit our web site at http://support.foxinteractive.com.

Also please be sure to include all previous replies when/if responding to

this message.

Best Regards,

Sonya B. at Technical Support

foxsupport@aqinc.com

-----------Original Message---------------

Below is the information from the Support section sent by

hteles@mail.telepac.pt.

Submitted on Wednesday, February 9, 19100 at 13:08:59

-----------------------------------------------

Email: hteles@mail.telepac.pt

Product: Aliens versus Predator

Platform: Windows NT

Processor: Pentium III

Speed of Processor: 450

Amount of RAM: 128

CD-ROM speed: 12X or greater

Video Card: CL ANIHILATOR

Driver Version: 3.75 From NVIDIA

Sound Card: SB LIVE

-----------------------------------------------

I was Wondering if you would launch a patch for WINDOWS 2000

To: Fox_support

The Windows 2000 update has a patch, that updates support for a lot of games including AvP

Galilee where could I get this patch??? Does it work with non original games??

You get it at the windows update site.

just run the update thing in internet explorer and you can download it.

AvP runs great on my system now :-)

Runs better than it did on win98, Infact all my games run better in Win2k !!!

------------------

Ian

http://www.nfstc.co.uk

Unfortunately even with the new patches and win2k updates i found the mouse still stuck.

win2k is great for networking (business Unis etc) but when it comes to the crunch it is not the most suitable os for games. I know some immature wanker is gonna flame me for this, but its a fact. You may get all your games to work, thats good for you. All the tests i have done between a win98 and win2k have found win98 significantly faster with MOST games than win2k. Look at the other sites doing the tests they came to the same conclusion.

I'll stick with win98 for games and win2k for work, after all it is a workstation os and a workstation being where you work not play games.

bah workstation. As for the problem with the sticking keys you try doing a clean install of 2195. I would rather take a small performance loss in games rather than go back to windoze 98 and have to suffer memory crashes and reboots every 4 hours.

Dear Coroner,

Ok, i am not an immature wanker, but i am going to say that you either have one ****ed up machine, or you don't know what you are talking about. Win2k is 22% (actual benchmark) faster, with ALL aplications, than 95,98,or nt4. It runs my games so much smoother than 98. Win2k was made for business, but only because they didn't want to waste the superior NT technology on all of the "end users" at home. They knew that with this operating system, they could make a ton of money off businesses. But, if you noticed, Microsoft did not intend for it to be solely business or they wouldn't have put all the game compatibility in. For instance, DX7 (also upgradeable), hardware support for 3d cards, and many others. They snuck these items in to please us hardcore gamers. They took the best from NT and put it together with the best of 98. It's superior technology, a step forward in the computer industry, and just a damn amazing platform. Now, you tell me, which one would you rather have?

Now, i know there are some in-compatibilities right now, but don't worry, they will come. Nothing is perfect....especially right away. If you want the best performance for your machine, i would NOT switch back to 98. Workstation, Home machine, who gives a sh*t about titles. I go by what i see, and 98 doesn't even compare.

This isn't a flame war, just trying to get the facts straight. I also know how you feel though, and i agree that he in-compatibility with some stuff is really annoying.....but, i know that microsoft has anticipated that. It will come man....don't worry.

Just for some info on my situation...I got Q3, Q2, starcraft, Soldier of Fortune, Halflife, Heretic 2, HOMM3, Unreal Tournament, and Homeworld all to work. smile

Hope this clears any doubts up.