Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nomad

Starcraft Internet Play not working

I have win2k build 2183 and I'm trying to play Starcraft Broadwar on the Internet but I can't join any games. When I host no one can join my game. I have Kingpin and Quake3 and I can play find on the Internet. I'm using a cable modem and I'm not using proxy, I'm connected into the modem. Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind its working today...

I need nothing... must have been something wrong with my ISP.

i'm almost positive it's not your isp. i have the same problem... it's with a time_wait in the networking layer causing it not to be able to open the right port... i have no idea ow to fix it but i'm sure of the cause... the game will work spurratically but you most certainly will haave "not responding errors" often...

if anyone reading this can think how to manually close a link in win2k ... i'm all ears... but after trying to join a game for a few mins i have bout 20 time_wait connections open and they clog up the avail ports.

email me if you know the answer

StormTide@home.com

it doesn't work for me either.. well it did when i first installed it, i was able to join games ok and play, but after that i don't get any response from games when i try to join and they all appear with red pings in the list.

works fine for me too. never any probs. i always play only thru kali not battlenet

and havent had any problems at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by ThC 129:

Starcraft and Broodwar both work fine for me in Win2K Build 2195.