Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_25

Unreal Tournament works great!

I've seen so many complaints here that i thought I'd post a positive message for once!

I just got Unreal Tournament, and I couldn't believe how well it run under Win2K! No jerking or anything. It run much better than Q3 in win98 (no, I havent tried Unreal in Win98 yet, maybe it will be even better there than Q3). But anyways, Unreal works just great on my system . And my computer isnt even such a great one. A Cel 400@450, 128MB, TNT.

Now, one question. Do you guys think that my system would be a lot faster with a better 3D-card? I now have a TNT, so would a TNT2 or one of the 3dfx cards increase my gaming performance significantly?

Thanks for any replys! smile

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say which Nvidia drivers I'm using. 3.78 which is the latest as far as I know?

Really guys!

Do you think that my system wouuld be better off by upgrading to a better 3dcard? I currently have a Diamond Viper V550 (TNT1), but is there any point in getting a TNT2or 3Dfx 3000?

Thanks for all the input! smile

u like talking to yourself there eh?

i guess i'll save you from yourself now..

yeah, its not a bad idea to get a tnt2 because they're really cheap now and u get a good increase and fps.. a geforce if u got the $$$

my 1.5 cents

Can I add a few cents?

If I were you (which I aint so feel free to disagree smile ) I would wait until both nvidia and 3dfx releases their new cards. And even if you dont want their latest cards, the old ones will probably be cheaper then too.

So, basically what you're saying is that it would be useful for my system to get a better 3D-card?

So, far I thought that my TNT is as good as mmy CEL450 is gonna get. But do you think thank getting a faster 3D-card would make my gaming experience better?

Thanks!

But really, I guess I guess I was a bit drunk when I posted the other message. But anyways, thanks for all the input that you guys gave!

And no I dont really like talking to myself, but it was fun all the same...... wink

Anyhow it was nice getting some answers from you experts. Thanks again!