Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exorcist

FF8??

Is anyone else having problems with FF8 under Win2000? - I know some games won't work but I get bizarre lines across the screen - and at the moment it keeps crashing during the first GF tutorial at the Front Gate, or whever it was....anyone know bout this?

Exorcist

--

Athlon 700

256Mb Ram

37.5Gb IBM HD

32Mb DDR GeForce

SbLive! Platinum

yes, it likes to crash during tutorials.. i think it has to do with the text appearing, just run it a few times and eventually it will work. i don't think there's many if any tutorials after the 1st cd.

bah, tutorials! someone tell us how to make the lines disapear!! in the readme it says to adjust the texel alignment or something like that, but the procedure is unclear and when i looked around, there was no setting for this. (Win2K Pro 2195, Detanator 3.66)

I read something about that, was probably in the readme, yup - but haven't been able to find anything about texel allignments or whatever it was...anyone shed any light on this? - would be good to get those lines out the way so I can concentrate on playing (although 3 hours vanished today through playing it - FF7 took over 100 hours off me and FF8 may well do the same) smile

Exorcist