Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prince Vaillant

DirectX has wiped off 1024*768 in all D3D games !!

I got some very strange problems since I've installed W2K pro with games. First, the refresh rates problems I've correct by tweaking the driver. Then, Quake3 who ran at

60 FPS yesterday night and today weirdly at 23. And more than all, the 1024*768 resolution choice has been removed from any D3D games select menu !!! So UT start by default with 1152*864 or 800*600 but no more 1024/768. I tried to force the resolution but that didn't work.

Any of you know something about this direct3d resolution list and the place it's located ?

Configuration for my 2 Pcs (Twins)

Celeron 500 Abit Bh6 192 SDRAM

TNT2 @ 150/180 driver nvidia 3.78

SbLive W2K driver.

P.S : something I can't understand : SoF demo

work fine on my 2nd PC but crash my 1st Pc.

It's the SAME PCs.

I have a solution of ur problem: reinstall win2k! smile Seriously it's the best idea because i never had this bug... Q3 is always smooth w/ my geforce + 3.78 Drivers + Celeron 450.. I have a question: how u can get SoF demo to work in Win2K??? It says (even w/ another fresh installation):

Couldn't find the OpenGL Environnement

I don't even know how it come to work.

I got first message that report software errors, then I downgraded to driver 3.69 and

that worked.

On the other PC, that never worked, whatever

kind of drivers I installed.

I don't understand...

What type of monitor are you using and it is listed as a plug and play type in device manager? Try finding the inf file for you moniter and installing that instead of a plug and play type moniter

Both my monitors are recognized as their respective brand. One is Hitachi CM640 and the other Relysis 1541. No plug and play ****. Anyway Hitachi drivers doesn't change anything. I'm going to reinstall windows 2000

to see if it change anything.

Fot thoses that interest, I find out the problem : it's related to the .inf tweaking

for disabling the refresh rate below 85 Hz.

I can disable it until 75 Hz, beyond that **** the list. Damn I CANT WAIT FOR EFFECTIVE DRIVERS !!!