Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellstorm

Anyone got problems with voodoo3 retail drivers for win2k

At first, the retail drivers seems to work.

Now I almost always get a black screen when loading half-life, quake 3 or unreal tournament. Sometimes I can start the game, but if i try to change the player, controls or graphic driver then the black screen comes up again. the hard-drive is working for about 10s-1min after the black screen is popping up. Seems like my machine has problem initializing or something with the opengl. Glide seems to work. The games work fine in win98 but when booting in win2k, the problem is back. And i do not have gfx-drivers in the game-directories.

Have anyone had luck with some spesific drivers for voodoo3 3000? I think that i will go back to beta-drivers, but how do i uninstall the 3dfx-f*****g drivers. (Do anyone want to buy a voodoo3 3000 pci card verry cheaply????) or maby all the other cards is so much hated as my voodoo3?

Help\Comments is velcome.

---

AMD k6-2 400 \ compaq presario 5240 (C**PAK)

voodoo3 3000

128 mb sd-ram

CD/DVD + DIV.

And one more thing: Everytime i start my computer, i get a error-message like this: Big, red letters where it stands "COMPAQ" How do i remove that crap/virus. seems like it is in the bios ..

How much do ya want for that card?

I'm serious, I have dual monitor and dual voodoo3's would rock

Oh yeha and no problem with the drivers, they run smooth.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 28 February 2000).]

Hey HellStorm, Where did you get the beta drivers for the V3 card? I would like to have them to see if they would make a difference in some of my games. If you could post a link as to where to get them I would appreciate it!!!!

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

Those drivers are great for my system. Unreal Tournament runs perfect. Quake 3 also. No random crashes as in Windumb98 StupidEdition.

my only problem with them is that they still don't support dual cpu with their sh*tty-@ss drivers.....

------------------

-AciD

>-----------------------<

Hardware:

BP6 running QQ Beta BIOS

Dual Celeron 366 @ 566MHZ

128MB Samsung -GL

IBM UDMA66 13.6g

WDC UDMA33 5.1g

Toshiba 32x

OTI Socrates 2x2x6x

V3-2000-AGP clocked @ 166

SB AWE64 Value

Hayes V90 Int. Spk Phone

>-----------------------<

Software:

Win2K Pro Retail (2195)

Office 2000 Premium

NA ViruScan NT 4.03a

Mobo Monitor 4.10

I haven't had any problems from 3DFX's drivers, but I use WickedGL, which for some reason will not work with WIN2K.