Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBrave715

Baldur's gate 2 question

I think I may have a corrupted Disc 2 When I install it I get errors when it's installing the second CD and it takes longer to copy the files then the other 3. my first question is when you do a full install does it ask everyone else to put disc 2 in the drive upon running Baldur's gate 2? I mean if I did a full install it would seem pretty silly that I have to have that specific CD in. My second questing is when you first start the game in the room to the north or up in the droor where you get all them weapons the pink mace when you right click on it in your inventory to look at it's charactoristics does it also crash the game for anyone else in windows 2000? I'm thinking those things may be because I have a corupted disc 2 but I want to be sure before I call them and pay for freaking shipping to get another disc.

First of all, yes, it does ask me for disk 2 in the drive to play the game, when I have a full install. on your second question, I don't remember the mace you are talking about, but I have yet to have the game crash on me for anything....

Damn,I just got this game last night. I tried to put it off, but it got the best of me. I am really impressed so far. Anyway, I only did a recommended install, and when I did that, it read from disk 1 most of the time, and a bit on disk 2, then really quick on 3 and 4. when you play, you have to have disc 2 in at all times. Ive read this from other people as well. The game hasnt crashed on me at all, and I've been doing all kinds of character manipulation (inventories and such)...

J

Hey thanks for the input gentlmen.

I don't know what to think anymore I tried it on my brothers windows 98 computer and it installed sweetly and it don't crash when I look at the charactoristics of that weapon so maybe that's a Windows 2000 issue or something in my configuration that's different from all yours. But anyway I tried installing it off his CD drive over our home network and it gave me no problems with Cd 2 so that's good. What's really get's me scratching my noodle is ok so that suggests it's my CD drive well it's a Rewriter and his drive is an old crappy 12 speed drive and my drive reads every other CD I have just fine just aparently not Baldur's gate II Collectors edition CD #2.