Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RaidR

UT virtual memory error in W2kpro

I recently installed windows 2000pro(dual boot win98 also), and installed UT with out any visible problems. The interface loads up just find, the DM servers for online gaming loads up just find, however when I double click to join a game I get kicked out with a virtual memory error, it say's I ran out of memory, I should try freeing up more diskspace. I have 1.65gigs available the same as when I'm UT'ing when booted to win98. I increased my pagefile to 2xRAM(256)=512 and allocated it to my D: and F: drives.

I can run the practice mode but it seems if I go multiplayer it kicks me out. I'd appreciate any work-arounds. And yes I have the latest voodoo3 drivers w2k.

o0RAidR0o

How much Virtual? If you have 128m kick that swap file up to 300/300 AT LEAST if your gaming. Mine is at 500/500.

If you check your Task Manager/Commit Charge/Peak mem after running Unreal Tournament that will show you how much RAM Unreal Tournament Peaked at.

If you check my original post I have my pagefile set to 2x my ram. But all is well now I took a chance and un-installed/re-installed UT and it works fine don't ask me why, however I have come to learn that games in w2k do cause a small memory address error when quiting which at this time I view as a minor gliche...Wahoo! I'm back....thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally posted by DosFreak:

How much Virtual? If you have 128m kick that swap file up to 300/300 AT LEAST if your gaming. Mine is at 500/500.

If you check your Task Manager/Commit Charge/Peak mem after running Unreal Tournament that will show you how much RAM Unreal Tournament Peaked at.

There is a new OpenGL renderer for S2TC high resolution compressed textures (S3TC) in Unreal Tournament:

http://www.lokigames.com/~vogel/UT/

Install the textures from second UT CD. Replace [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] text in Unreal Tournament.ini file within System.

Then insure proper Windows 2000 OpenGL with this registry hack:

http://www.geforcefaq.com/files/iopagelock.reg

Then play Unreal tournament à 1600x1200 at 32 bits with the OpenGL driver and your Nvidia Geforce 2.