Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jams

Build 2195 is RTM!

Found this at Betanews!

Windows 2000 Goes Gold

Tuesday - 11:53 PM ET Sources have reported today that Windows 2000 Build 2195 has hit Release To Manufacturing. Microsoft had encountered a few last minute bugs which led to the delay in release, initially slated for the 8th. Microsoft is set to begin shipping Windows 2000 on February 17th of next year. Although not clear on whether final CDs will ship to beta participants, Microsoft has posted the golden build to their beta FTP site and is expected to begin allowing downloads tomorrow morning. Full story to follow.

[This message has been edited by Igor (edited 16 December 1999).]

You ask: Why buy the final code when you can download it for free? I ask: Why do you go to a grocery store and pay for the milk when you could stick it under your shirt and walk out with it?

It's called stealing, and not only is it wrong, it's illegal.

I happen to sale software that my programmer creates for my clients, and I take great offense at software theft.

Concerning this particular case, I received RC3 because my programmer is a MSDN member - but I will purchase the product when it comes out. No matter how much I complain about the high price, the predatory practices of MS, etc. If they say I have to pay X dollars for the product, I'll pay X dollars because it's the right thing to do (and because I wouldn't want a customer of mine stealing from me.)

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

[This message has been edited by Igor (edited 16 December 1999).]

Its only working for 120 days and its NOT downloadble for everyone!!!

Ummm... why editing the threads?? i will like to know.. what people are saying..