Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Creative Launcher and other soft. doesnt start

Hi!

I know this is old&stuff like it, but it really pisses me off: I've inslaleld LW3 in W2k 2195 Pro by the instructions from win2kbox.8m.com . Done everything like it says, but hell, the softwer for LW3 doesn't start. It installs&stuff fine, it just doesn't want to star.

Btw: How can you know if EAX is working?

The Trooper

Well trooper make sure you have 3 things done.

#1. Make sure in devicemaanger that it says standard PC and you have IRQ steering disabled. If it doesnt then select update driver hit the list know drivers button and then hit the button that says show all devices and then select standard PC and reboot.

#2. Make sure that do not map through this device is checked under the SB Live! properties.

#3. Make sure you are using the Nov '99 drivers or the drivers off the live!ware 3 CD

As for EAX. I dont think EAX will work until the new version of Live!Ware comes out

... and if all of the above works, benchmark your system to see if there is any degradation in performance, especially cpu performance. I had it installed in mine PIII-500 with 128mb ram on a BX chipset mobo, running with all the features working, and it benched out at 33% of what it should have been based on Winbench CPU mark and Wintune 98 - when I uninstalled the sblive nt4 drivers, reverted back to the wdm drivers and reenabled acpi mode and pci steering, my system was snappier and benched where it should be. For example, with the nt4 drivers and hacks installed, I was getting around 15 cpu marks and it went up to 44 cpu marks when I reverted back, not to mention having hibernation back. At this point I have decided that it just isn't worth it, considering that within 6 weeks something should be released. My advice would be back up your configuration before you reinstall liveware so that you can easily revert back. Good luck :-)

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Yes, done all that (computer is standard, IRQ steerign is off(WTF is this thing, anyway?) and nov'99 drivers are installed).

Btw: Does any1 know when (if) Creativ will release LiveWare for W2K?

The Trooper