Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dbl Tap

Clean Dos boot??????

Can anyone tell me how to do a clean boot into dos at startup? I need ot flash my TNT2 card and need to have a Native Dos Environment but hitting F8 only gives me booting options without any dos prompt options.

THanks

You cant goto DOS in NT, you need an old dos system disk or a win98 CD then boot off the win98 CD into DOS

Correct. Always remember: the old days where instable windows operating systems build on *EXTREMELY* old (=1981!!) DOS kernals like in Win9x are over. Windows 2000 has a 32-bit NT kernal, that does not build on something as old as DOS anymore. A simple boot disk will fix your problem however.

www.bootdisk.com is a valuable source of many different kinds of boot disks.

But AFAIK to flash your TNT2 (I have one, too), you need to run the flash tool under Win98, i.e. you need to install Win98.

nova.

THanks for all your replies. What I did was use an old boot disk (a system boot disk i made with Win98) and then had the bios update on another disk. Booted to the Dos promt with the one and then updated with the other. It worked fine and no need to have Win98 installed